China Car Forums banner
181 - 197 of 197 Posts
Re: Great Wall Hover Photos

Enrico said:
Here we are my friends...these are some images of my new Hover which is still in the dealer shop for the preparation and what else...let's hope the the leasing go fast ...:nono:

unfortunately my images are too big as jpeg...i have to compress them first...sorry...maybe this evening
hi,

how is your new car? would love to hear all about it. i want to buy one but many people are saying it is a bad car but none of them owens one.

waiting for your feedback and enjoy the new car
thank you

msharm said:
hi,

how is your new car? would love to hear all about it. i want to buy one but many people are saying it is a bad car but none of them owens one.

thank you
Hi Msharm, my Great Wall Hover is now 18 months old and has 96500 km!! It's still a very beautiful, comfortable and safe. My hover is a gasoline 2.4 with LPG system, noble grey colour, beige leather inside, with dvd and sport kit. The 4x4 system is really great because nothing can stop hover in the snow or in the mud.

During all this time i've never had any trobule with my car :thumb:

You can find the photos in the previous page.

Now i'm thinking about change the car anbuy the Great Wall Hover H5!!!!

I'm sure that if you buy that car you will be really satisfied and proud of it.

Enrico said:
Hi Msharm, my Great Wall Hover is now 18 months old and has 96500 km!! It's still a very beautiful, comfortable and safe. My hover is a gasoline 2.4 with LPG system, noble grey colour, beige leather inside, with dvd and sport kit. The 4x4 system is really great because nothing can stop hover in the snow or in the mud.

During all this time i've never had any trobule with my car :thumb:

You can find the photos in the previous page.

Now i'm thinking about change the car anbuy the Great Wall Hover H5!!!!

I'm sure that if you buy that car you will be really satisfied and proud of it.
well done enrico, my car have 145.000 km, can you put some photos of you car, now after 96500 km?i would like to see it

msharm said:
hi,

thank you
simply don't listen to those people, i think that they don't have any information about gwm company, simply you can check the quality of producing this cars on offical website, also hover is best selling suv in china, i think that so many chinese people aren't dumb to buy a car which isn't a good quality, also hover is more and more popular in russia, south africa, south america, australia, italy....everywhere you go you will find some satisfied customers of this car

it's the same like that you told to somebody that audi is bad car because you never drive it, buy it, drive it and after that you can judge it

Hi, I'm interested protections plastic wings and a windbreak for the front and rear windows. I know that there is a bumper protection at the back door compartment.
Also look for the new logo with Hover. To the front grille and rear (smaller).
Do not forget - my rear wiper was stolen back and put one of the other car.
Thanks!

I own a hover diesel 2.8 TCI 2009, bougth it in Costa Rica brand new for $29000 US. I like the car, in general, but little details here and there, only 30000 km and already need to change front brake pads, same with suspension

no problem,you must see the engine from close look,it's very small,it that space what hover have you can put there at least v6 engine,and when you see this you ask yourself that little engine can drive that car???

but the company is very proud at that engine,becuse as i know...many little chinese manifactures have diesel engines with common rail and euro 3 emission,of course it's a big step forward for them,but we must be raelistic,with that techologie what they have...i think that they can do better engine than that with more kw,and at least euro 4...in europe already start euro 5 law!

micodelija would be a rather funny name here in Costa Rica!!!

I often smell gas from the muffler inside my cabin, but no one has been able to fix this nuisance, this is particularly notorious when descending with windows open
Hi. Telpanek.
I live in C.R too, I have a 2006 Hover (2.4 L gasoline) and no problems at all so far (41.000km).
In my case, some times I can smell the gas from the "catalytic converter" but it happens when I go slow and the wind blows the smell to the front of the car, especilly on windy days, or when I park the car in the garage, its funny because sometimes smell like "burn powder" and other like rotten eggs.

I think the strong smell from the catalytic converter decreases over time.

Pura vida...

Hi Rafael:
Thank you for the good feedback about your Hover performance.

There may be a few reasons for the smell condition, which is caused when H2SO3
or H2SO4 is being produced in the catalytic converter, and then emitted from the tailpipe:

Fuel available in your location has an especially high sulfur content (as it does in China).

The Hover is running too rich at the time you notice the odor.

This in turn has a variety of causes:
For example, the Oxygen sensor is not functioning properly, to control a good fuel/air mixture. The engine light should alert you to this.
Or, the intake air flow is restricted. There are other causes as well, that your mechanic can explain.

Be aware that a rich condition, over time, can cause the substrate of the catalytic convertor to disintegrate and block the exhaust flow.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.