China Car Forums banner
101 - 120 of 197 Posts
Re: Great Wall Hover

This is welcome news, and an indication of some small steps toward maturity of the Chinese auto industry. But the words,
"Great Wall Motor.....has decided to recall...."
tell us that the customers themselves had no input to GAQSIQ about this steering safety problem. If they did, then it would have been GAQSIQ itself that initiated the recall. In other words the customer is still at the mercy of a system which is still primarily sales oriented.

".....customers can also call the hotline of the quality watchdog GAQSIQ or visit its website for more information on the Hover CUV recall."
Yes, the customers can call GAQSIQ at 010-59799616、65537365. But there doesn't appear to be any information on the Great Wall website that would help the customer get this recall repair. In fact a category of the website devoted especially to the "owner", wasn't seen.

The Great Wall Hover CUV is sold in several countries.
How will these folks be notified?

There's no doubt about it, after sales follow up is an awesome responsibility for a global manufacturer, but it's all part of the game.

ok, let's go step by step :)
30000 hover was never imported to italy :nono: , between 1500 vehicles was exported there

during 2007 year we didn't have any problem with our vehicles,only one test vehicle had that problem but the sterring whell was only bouncing (that orange hover from photos), there was no problem with steering, but anyway great wall send to us all new modified sterring sistem and we replace it to all the vehicles which we sold here :thumb: :thumb:

as i speak with russians also, they had couple of vehicles with that problems and replace all parts
italians also didn't have any problems with this issue

GWM for now sell is alll of bigger countries of south america like bolivia,brazil,chile,colombia,peru,paraguay,uruguay, venezuela etc...so i am sure that they will enter that market as well, if nobody import them if you have money and good will you can start with that :thumb:

the same is in croatia, when you pay transport, taxes....hover cost here with 4x4 and full eqipment between 25000 euros, and in china cost 15000 USD with full equipment...but anyway...it's cheaper than hyudai, kia or mitsubishi, which cost from 33000 euros

In Cape Verde the Hover is taxed as a luxury auto and it pays even more
45% of auto import tax + 15% vat, and this prices are upon the car and transport as well!:mad:

martin_krpan said:
What defines luxury car? Base price?
in here its the engine size. 2.800 cc or even 2.500 cc for the new engine is taxed as luxury.

Even the Peri with the 1.35 liter engine is taxed as a mid range and pays 25% + 15%

only cars of 1.0 or less pay 10% + 15%

too bad

let talk about safety again, today I have recive some photos form my dealership, here is what happed, they fall off from the road into a dig, over 40 meter deep, i was shocked when i see those photos

3 persons was in the car and nobody was hurt, engine, gearbox, chasis is ok, even interior like seats, instrument panels look quite good, i am really satisfied with the safety in hover :thumb:

hi everybody, I'm Enrico from Udine Italy, i live near the Slovenian border.

China Cars and GWM in particular are my passion: after 1 long year of reflection, last week i booked my GWM 4x4 super luxury with a special Sport Pack. This sport pack is quite different with the one shown in the photo of our friend from Slovenija.

Probably this week i will get my Hover. Anyway I've still many questions about gwm, and unfortunately italian press is not correct because of the influence of fiat.

I hope Micodelija can help about some questions. The first in that GWM Hover is sold only for 4 passenger and not five because omologated as 'autocarro' (pick up). Someone says that this is because GWM has not passed safety test. Is it real?:confused:

Another question for Micodelija: are you a dealer of GWM or you are the official importer as Eurasia in Italy? Thanks a lot also for you wonderful work on you tube.:thumb:
Thanks a lot for this wonderful forum.

what about the new DVD Divx stereo inside GWM Hover? It works very well as the hard disk that we can usually connect to the TV. Very good also the sd card reader

Last week i tried also GWM Steed (Wingle); very good pick up truck. In italy prices for Steed are 16,000 € for 4x2 and 18,500 for 4x4 super luxury (with leather inside and gpl). This pick up is much better tha Gonow Tata and Mahindra ones!!!

Up GWM

Enrico said:
hi everybody, I'm Enrico from Udine Italy, i live near the Slovenian border.

China Cars and GWM in particular are my passion: after 1 long year of reflection, last week i booked my GWM 4x4 super luxury with a special Sport Pack. This sport pack is quite different with the one shown in the photo of our friend from Slovenija.

Probably this week i will get my Hover. Anyway I've still many questions about gwm, and unfortunately italian press is not correct because of the influence of fiat.

I hope Micodelija can help about some questions. The first in that GWM Hover is sold only for 4 passenger and not five because omologated as 'autocarro' (pick up). Someone says that this is because GWM has not passed safety test. Is it real?

Another question for Micodelija: are you a dealer of GWM or you are the official importer as Eurasia in Italy? Thanks a lot also for you wonderful work on you tube
Thanks a lot for this wonderful forum.
hello enrico, thank you that you have logged here, i hope that you will have great time with us :)

i am official importer for Croatia, we work diretcly with GWM because, people from Eurasia are our good friends, we usually talk and share our expiricances with the vehicles, for now we didn't have any bigger problems and I can say all best for them, they are very proffesional

for that what you ask, hover is 100% safe car, the press usually write that what you pay that so I don't trust them very much,I don't have any big contact with press, my policy is...give the car to the customers and let they jugde them, you can see also on my youtube site all videos from crash test,also couple of my friends and me also have some accident with hover and nobody have any bigger injuries,you can see also on those photos up...nobody is hurt from that accident, what more do you need to see that car is safe? :thumb: hover is homolgated as autocarro because those engies 4g64 are euro 3 standard with OBD, in croatia is also homologated as N1 vehicle, but we solve homologation for 5 person, here also nobody take care for it, one time I drive 7 person in hover :D,most important that engine is good, i have 85000 km with him...no problems, also on LPG

there was some problems with safety,but not for driver, for other persons in traffic, if you hit a person on the road, it's called pedesetriran test, but if you hit somebody with that car on the road what that person can expect??? Hover have 1900 kg and he must be happy if he is alive :D

Enrico said:
what about the new DVD Divx stereo inside GWM Hover? It works very well as the hard disk that we can usually connect to the TV. Very good also the sd card reader

Last week i tried also GWM Steed (Wingle); very good pick up truck. In italy prices for Steed are 16,000 € for 4x2 and 18,500 for 4x4 super luxury (with leather inside and gpl). This pick up is much better tha Gonow Tata and Mahindra ones!!!

Up GWM
my wingle have 60000 km without any problems, but i have first diesel engines, 2.8 tc, car is 200% better than mahindra or gonow, simply if more modern, have better safety, design is moder, driving skills are better, have abs + ebd, double airbags..., i am 100% sure that wingle will have very good selling results

for that DVD in hover is very nice, we drive one time in china and look our movie in car :thumb:

thank you very much for your quick answer...tel me one thing please...have you got a GWM web site in Croazia?

Every year i bring my family in HR on holyday...last year we went to PAG island...and also we'got friends in Spadici near Porec....where are you? Zagreb?

Do you know if it is possible to add the fifth passenger after omologation in italy...maybe do you know someone in Eurasia who can help me about? (i have three sons and i've bought hover anyway....

I live in city of Varaždin,it's 70 km from Zagreb, usually it's called little wien :), for that homologation maybe you can ask directly in euroasia,there is lot of person in charge for homologation, i know some directors from financial departments and general managers, try to send them the email or simply go to them, maybe you have 2 hours from udine

i think that you shoud't worry about that, i doubt that police will bother you because of that, very often I also travel in many european countries with my car and don't have any problems with it, very soon hover will have homologation as M1, they have install the new engine and also most of new certificates are already verified from british VCA

p.s
PAG is very nice, I spend my holidays there for almost 6 years

101 - 120 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.