China Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am pleased ro inform that the first shipment of Great Wall vehicles as arrived to Cape Verde.
3 Hovers diesel super luxury arrived in April. 1 for personal use and the other 2 sold in a matter of days.
6 Wingles super luxury arrived in May, 3 already sold and delivered and 3 still remain for sale.

So far the public impression is good, they praise the modern design from the vehicles. I also imported the full extras version. Leather seats in pick up trucks was never seen in here. I hope to order another order of vehicles this month.
So far the main problem i have is that people prefer to buy a Ford Ranger built in Singapore with 2 years at the price of a Great Wall Wingle fully loaded. This distrust in Chinese produts may be my greatest enemy.

I will post some pics later on this week

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well in reality all the cars come just with 1 year of warranty in here.
The thing i mentioned is that a regular costumer trusts more in a used 2 year Ford Ranger with 100.000 kms already rusting down, than in a new Wingle full extras. That come down at the same price roughly.
I am offering 1 year as well. To be able to do so i have some stock of parts, a x481 diagnosys computer, and my mechanic.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings Micodelija
3 years warranty? not in Africa my friend.
Toyota, ford, Audi, VW, Mitsubisho only offer a limited 1 y.w.
Have you bought any peri so far? if so how do they run?

·
Registered
30 Posts
ohhhh.. toyota here offers 3 years 100,000kms

am looking forward to see your pics

·
Registered
938 Posts
tdi said:
Greetings Micodelija
3 years warranty? not in Africa my friend.
Toyota, ford, Audi, VW, Mitsubisho only offer a limited 1 y.w.
Have you bought any peri so far? if so how do they run?
no, we still can't buy pery, i don't know real reason why but i have testdrive with peri, car is going great, engine have plenty of power and it's comfortable for little car, our 4 sit at the car and we are all quite big..and car goes like hell :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
3 months after the arrival of the first Great Wall vehicles to Cape Verde its time to evaluate the situation.
From the 9 original cars, 8 were sold there is only one Wingle waiting in the parking lot.
Some cars were sold to a car rental company, others to construction workers who use the cars under severe conditions. So far no complains, not a single breakdown or malfunction to report. They just praise the design, quality, low engine noise and specialy the diesel consupsion.
The Hover diesel that i kept to my wife is is perfect conditions, no strange noises, perfect drivability, a great fuel comsuption. With a full tank i can make 1.000 kms, the car as 6.000 kms so far.
The main problem is only the fear of owning a chinese car. But this will not change in a short period of time.
The first Peris, should be shipped next week. Lets wait they perform as good as the Wingle and Hover.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Nice to hear this

Ye the image problem is still there , it will take very long time to fix it (hopefully not too long)

·
Registered
938 Posts
tdi said:
3 months after the arrival of the first Great Wall vehicles to Cape Verde its time to evaluate the situation.
From the 9 original cars, 8 were sold there is only one Wingle waiting in the parking lot.
Some cars were sold to a car rental company, others to construction workers who use the cars under severe conditions. So far no complains, not a single breakdown or malfunction to report. They just praise the design, quality, low engine noise and specialy the diesel consupsion.
The Hover diesel that i kept to my wife is is perfect conditions, no strange noises, perfect drivability, a great fuel comsuption. With a full tank i can make 1.000 kms, the car as 6.000 kms so far.
The main problem is only the fear of owning a chinese car. But this will not change in a short period of time.
The first Peris, should be shipped next week. Lets wait they perform as good as the Wingle and Hover.
we also have no problems with those car's, over 30 hovers, couple of wingle, deer and safe models, list of warranty issues are very small, and all of those was made by customers...but we take care for it

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New update on Cape Verde.
So far the cars have reached 10.000 kms. Not even a single burnt light bulb to report.
A client of mine who also owns a 2008 Ford Ranger 2.5 tdi, says that the Wingle is 30% more economical, more silent and as more extras.

In 10 days i probably will release from customs 4 new Peris just arrived.

·
Registered
938 Posts
we got 2 year and 50000 km warranty, but we told to GWM that we are european market and if they can offer 3 year and 100.000 km in italy then we also have it here in croatia

also we don't have so much problems with vehicles which have over 50000 km, we got plenty of cars with 70-80000 km without any problems

·
Registered
938 Posts
we have warranty on engine, gearbox,suspension parts,electronic parts and so on, also one time we had problems with door panels and we also got them for free as warranty parts

·
Registered
938 Posts
you can send here the private message to me, by phote it can be quite expensive :),hehe, if I can be any help for you I will help you without any problem

are you a seller of gwm or you simple buy your gwm in your country?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts