China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Wow.....

First of all..............GREAT pics, Martin!! Second..........Great Wall is going to have a real hit on their hands with the Peri. There is nothing quite like it on China's streets right now - it's quite unique right now in the small car market. And let's NOT get into a ugly discussion about the whole "fiat copy" situation - been there, done that and it's old news. It's priced VERY competitively for the chinese consumer, it's got nice styling inside and out and maybe MOST important - it LOOKS COOL. Compare this to the likes of the QQ6, Ben Ben, Geely MR - the Peri has them all beat in the "cool" quotient. Chery's A1 is pretty "cool" - but not quite as much as the Peri AND it's more expensive....and the Xiali C1 isn't close. ALL of the cars I mentioned have (or offer) a 1.3 engine like the Peri - and they are all in the 40,000 rmb price range (except the A1 and C1). Which one would YOU choose? The Peri stands out amongst the crowd - I won't be surprised if it's a huge sales success.

·
Administrator
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great Wall Peri to go on sale this month.

March 7, 2008 - China's largest pick-up truck maker Great Wall Motor Co., will finally launch its first sedan - Peri tomorrow at Chengdu, Sichuan province, local newspaper reported.

The car, equipped with GW413EF 1.3L engine and Bosche's latest ABS and EBD systems, has also passed European Union standard safety test, according to a senior company official.

Priced between 40,000 and 50,000 Yuan ($5356 - $6695), the model will be exported after it is launched at domestic markets. Great Wall said it has sales networks or partnership dealers in more than 70 countries.

Last year Italian automaker Fiat has initiated legal proceedings against Great Wall, claiming Peri is a copy of its Panda. Great Wall said that it spent three years developing its first car and owns its intellectual property rights.

The company expects to sell 80,000 Peri vehicles by the end of 2008.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
938 Posts
Re: Great Wall Peri

i think this is great, during my visit in great wall if will be posibble i will order couple of them to get them in europe :) car is looking good and i think the qualtiy is also good, for now all models which i drive i didn't have any big problems with qualitiy

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Great Wall Motor shipping 700 Peri cars to Algeria

November 05, 2008

Shanghai, November 5 (Gasgoo.com) China's Great Wall Motor is shipping 700 vehicles to Algeria, including 420 Peris cars and 280 Deer pickups, the official Xinhua news agency reported today.

"Despite the current economic downturn, I believe the high performance-price ratio of our vehicles will maintain their appeal with African customers," says Zheng Guoqing, who is in charge of the Africa sales for Great Wall.

He said the company has exported some 2,000 Peri cars to Africa since the beginning of this year. The Peri has already got a VCA certificate of the UK and are qualified in various oversea markets, the company said.

Earlier this year Great Wall was involved in a copyright dispute with Fiat Auto S.P.A, who alleged Great Wall's GWPeri model was a clone of the Fiat Panda. An Italian court in the Fiat's hometown of Turin ruled against Great Wall Motor, agreeing the GWPeri was a Panda knockoff and banning sales of the vehicle throughout Europe.

Great Wall said at the time it did not intend to sell the car in Europe and said it did not anticipate any adverse effect of the ruling on the company's exports to overseas markets.

http://www.gasgoo.com/auto-news/1008268/Great-Wall-Motor-shipping-700-Peri-cars-to-Algeria.html

·
Registered
938 Posts

I find those pictures on two websites, autohome.com.cn and fblife.com :)

for selling of gw peri I still don't have any results, as I talk with them they are very satisfied with export of gwperi, for domestic market I didn't get an answer, i got very simple answer...OK, by my opinion florid will have much more customers that peri, because price is very near, also car is much bigger

peri have little bit high price but offer a good quality, anyway at chinese market there is plenty of cars in that segment which are under gwperi price, and offer also a good quality and equipment

1 - 20 of 62 Posts