China Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: Great Wall Peri

Great photos of the 4x4 peri. Just checked with the Factory, they mention it can be released during 2009.
The 4 Peris i ordered arrived 1 week ago, just sold the first one. The car looks real good.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Unfortunately yes, when people look at Chinese cars like this they immediately think that this type of car is the epitome of Chinese auto industry, which isn't completely wrong. There are Chinese companies out there willing to do their own works but because of reputation created by their peers their driving roads become much more bumpier.

Companies like SAIC want to develop their own stuff either indigenous or based on Rover expertise. Chery besmirched their early reputation with GM Daewoo but now trying to wash that away with the 2009 models (and the beautiful and elegant A3). Geely is doing their own restructuring but we still need to see how they will play it out with their new branches and the new FC series. BYD is a weirdo that cannot be ignored, although their technology sounds and looks pretty impressive but their car design is heavily "inspired" F3 and F6 (btw BYD is releasing a dual mode version of F6 next year) and F0, the e6 is somewhat a slow and gradual departure from that regular inspiration.

·
Registered
107 Posts

unfortunately i dont have a chance to drive or test most of chinese cars but they have created an image with copying western cars, brands and also logos too...these uncopy models like peri is going to show that chinese manufacturers are trying to have developments in this industry...

·
Registered
938 Posts

tdi said:
Great photos of the 4x4 peri. Just checked with the Factory, they mention it can be released during 2009.
The 4 Peris i ordered arrived 1 week ago, just sold the first one. The car looks real good.
very good, did you have any other expiriences? have you try to drive it, what do you think about it?

a news published today:
MILAN, Jan 5 (Reuters) - Great Wall Motor Co Ltd (2333.HK) said a Chinese court has dismissed in a final ruling a claim by Italy’s Fiat (FIA.MI) alleging infringement of a Fiat patent by the Chinese car maker.

The Hebei Province People’s High Court dismissed on Dec. 29 a Fiat appeal alleging that Great Wall’s GWPeri compact car was an infringement of its patent, upholding a July ruling by the Shijiazhuang Intermediate People’s Court, Great Wall said in a statement on Monday.

“The judgment is final and conclusive and no further appeal may be lodged on the subject dispute in the PRC (People’s Republic of China),” it said.

Fiat declined to comment.

In July an Italian court banned Great Wall from selling the GWPeri compact car in the European Union, saying the car too closely resembled Fiat’s Panda.

In Monday’s statement Great Wall said a further announcement would be made on developments in the dispute proceedings in Italy. (Reporting by Danilo Masoni; Editing by Greg Mahlich)

·
Registered
938 Posts

couple od days ago gw peri was tested at c-ncap, result was quite good, here is some photos:

front impact

side impact

40% offset impact

as we can see on the photos car passed very good these test, i can't find on chinese site the .pdf result, even this 40% offset impact crash test look good, i got some pictures of interior and most important the whole instument panel is complete, nothing is broken, also the dummies don't have much blodd on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxsN0PUCP5E
here is a video

·
Administrator
17,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Uruguay Police ordered 8 units GWPERI.

The GWPERI won a tender of 8 units ordered by Uruguayan Local Police. It is reported that this competitive tender is intense. Thanks to its fashionable appearance as well as the superior performance, the Uruguayan Local Police station chose the GWPERI finally.

Nimansur is the distributor of GWM in Uruguay who mainly sells the Great Wall Sailor Pickup. Since the start of the co-operation in 2006,the sales volume increased year by year, achieving the annual sales volume of 173 units in 2008.This time GWPERI appears on the street of Uruguay as Police car ,not only raise the image GWM in foreign markets ,but also widen the influence of the brand GWM in Uruguay.

source: GWM

·
Registered
102 Posts

micodelija said:
very good, did you have any other expiriences? have you try to drive it, what do you think about it?

a news published today:
MILAN, Jan 5 (Reuters) - Great Wall Motor Co Ltd (2333.HK) said a Chinese court has dismissed in a final ruling a claim by Italy’s Fiat (FIA.MI) alleging infringement of a Fiat patent by the Chinese car maker.

The Hebei Province People’s High Court dismissed on Dec. 29 a Fiat appeal alleging that Great Wall’s GWPeri compact car was an infringement of its patent, upholding a July ruling by the Shijiazhuang Intermediate People’s Court, Great Wall said in a statement on Monday.

“The judgment is final and conclusive and no further appeal may be lodged on the subject dispute in the PRC (People’s Republic of China),” it said.

Fiat declined to comment.

In July an Italian court banned Great Wall from selling the GWPeri compact car in the European Union, saying the car too closely resembled Fiat’s Panda.

In Monday’s statement Great Wall said a further announcement would be made on developments in the dispute proceedings in Italy. (Reporting by Danilo Masoni; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
Well the car is good.
A silent engine, with good interiors, the quality of plastics its not bad.
I sold 3 in less than one month, very good for a tiny market!
Bigger problem is the back seats are a bit tiny.
Ordered 12 units for 2009.

·
Registered
938 Posts

martin_krpan said:
micodelija, could you ask yoor contacts at GWM how many stars had Peri received at C-NCAP crash test?
I will ask them when they come back to work, in following days the spring festival will be over and they will come back at work, i find some videos from c-ncap test, you can check them at my website on youtube - favorites video

·
Registered
117 Posts

KiwiGuy, have you seen the door and the internal? :)

BTW the Peri is an interesting mix of Fiat panda and other small cars (honda?)

·
Registered
523 Posts

Funnily enough, no I haven't. I agree that the Peri is an interesting mix of other cars, but I think the front resembles Renault Clio or other model somewhat. Do you want pics of interior?

·
Registered
117 Posts

KiwiGuy said:
Funnily enough, no I haven't. I agree that the Peri is an interesting mix of other cars, but I think the front resembles Renault Clio or other model somewhat. Do you want pics of interior?
Fiat Panda:

GWM Peri:

GWM Peri IS almost 80% copy of Fiat Panda, there is no dubt. But, in Italy a lot of people say the front and the back of Peri are better... ;)

Same door line, same interior, same roof barrel, same general dimension. They (GWM) can do something better... :thumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts

You want to see more?

Fiat Panda

GWM Peri

With this my two post I don't say GWM does wrong. I want only say GWM Peri is too inspired to Fiat Panda, not original, but funny and nice car really. But not original. BTW also the SAME weels!:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
938 Posts

i can't belive that almost 2 year after peri was presented people are still comment about that, car is simmlar to panda, first of all peri have different front light and whole frontal of the car is different, the same is the back of the car, to me look more like nissan note...not fiat, interior is and door panels are the same like in panda, but gwm already did some changes and it's a big chance that they will install the interior from peri suv which is different

i drive both models, the peri and panda...and by my opinion peri goes better, simply it's more comfortable and in serial equpment have stronger engine, also the design look better to me

21 - 40 of 62 Posts