China Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

On March 29th at the Chinese auto collision technology research test center

Director Liuyuguang when interviewed, said :

The Vargas collision testing was very successful and a proud achievement for the independent brand. This collision is entirely in accordance with the Euro NCAP tests (European Union New car Evaluation of security) standards implementation, far higher than the European government security regulations, and the United States and Japan NCAP standards.

Prior to this, no independant brand vehicles complied with this standard during collisions, and this is truly the "highest standards of the independent brands."

http://auto.sina.com.cn/news/2006-04-03/1434177343.shtml
(Note: My translations may not be 100% accurate and are not complete.)

·
Registered
547 Posts
four stars ! that's good !

·
Registered
627 Posts
I like to see Great Wall Hover instead of using a mitsubishi engine, use a Chinese V6 engine the produces about 180 HP. The current engine only has 125hp but car buyers in China are not too concerned about horsepower now.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Agree. Of course 180 hp for Hover (actually for all Great Wall cars) is better than 125 hp. But I've never heard about 180 hp engine. On that china cars is it now?

·
Registered
198 Posts
They should crashbench their cars using random retail cars, not some cars built to be tested!

It's not that I don't like GreatWall Motor or anything, I just feel like that if they want to claim four star euro standards, they should follow the european method of doing crashtest which is...buy two cars from a random dealer like any clients did, and then do the crashtest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, it's probably as crash-safe as the older Isuzu on which it's based, and that truck sold in the USA so it can't be terrible.

Most manufacturers of high-end cars send poorly-trimmed, incomplete cars for crash tests. You would not, for example, finish all the wonderful hand-stitched leather on a Ferrari 600 Scaglietti for the purpose of crash testing it...

This may be what they mean.

·
Registered
264 Posts
if these crash tests arent doing good, theres only 1 solution, just spend more on development and you will meet the standards

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Toyota-based?

Vitesse said:
Well, it's probably as crash-safe as the older Isuzu on which it's based, and that truck sold in the USA so it can't be terrible.
I believe the Safe is a Toyota-based SUV rather than Isuzu. The Huabei and Sing SUV's on the other hand are Isuzu or Fudi-based models. I would be interested to see the results for the latter models

1 - 16 of 16 Posts