China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: Future GW i7

Hi Martin, acording to GWM this model is called CH031 (just a development name)
is expeted to be lauunched in november 2009 (lhd version) with 1.3 and 1.5 engines. They also expect to get abover 4 stars with the e-ncap. so far the fob price expected is 7.000/9.800 usd

·
Registered
938 Posts

it's good that GWM change the interior a little bit, i saw this car live and sit in it, old model which was presented couple of year ago have the same interior like toyota yaris, also now when i look at grill and interior don't look similar to toyota, however they shoud change the rear part also a little

·
Registered
523 Posts

I think it is good for Great Wall to branch out. Changfeng, Chery and Geely all make, or are going to make SUV's alongside cars so I don't see what all the fuss is about.
I agree with micodelija. They should indeed change the rear of the i7.

·
Registered
94 Posts

the rear end looks fine to me

looks a bit toyota/bmw/hyundai but the nose is horrible - clearly it's a Chevy Cruze copy

otherwise it sounds and looks positive inside

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

I really like the grille on the concept version. It's unique. But I agree with Tony that the latest grille looks crude and leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
938 Posts

TonyJZX said:
the rear end looks fine to me

looks a bit toyota/bmw/hyundai but the nose is horrible - clearly it's a Chevy Cruze copy

otherwise it sounds and looks positive inside
how can be a copy of chevy cruze??? gwm present this model at the end of 2007 year, and chevy cruze in that year wasn't in any plans and GM didn't make any presentation of it

·
Registered
94 Posts

the spy shots of the cruze have been out for a very very long time

would you rather believe that the cruze copied this?

·
Registered
938 Posts

no, i belive that this car is original, because we all know what copy means, you can say that it's copy if some products is 100% identical to another, all other is similar...but many cars are similiar to each other, you have many small chinese brands like gonow, xinkai, dadi which made indentical outside copy of toyota land crusier or prado, whatever, but to compare i7 and cruze as a somekind of copy...don't have sence to me :confused: ,it's complety different car segment

you can't put the hood and grill from cruze to gwi7 right? also cruze is much bigger car, i have chance to drive a new cruze and to see live this i7 concept, i sit in him but didn't have chance to drive it, first of all cruze by my opinion is poor car, it's cheaper made opel insignia and the biggest problem is that car is very...but i mean VERY VERY uncomfortable,also we all know that this car is made on daewoo base but GM say that it platform is for new opel astra, if new astra will have this platform well it simply sucks,hehe,also i don't understand why chevy from a platform of "golf class segment" want to make a mid size sedan vehicle, my small fiat punto at home is more comfortable what you don't expect from car which is 4,5 meters, i drive all models of gwm, i can say that florid, coolbear even this i7 is more comfortable inside when i compare it with chevy cruze

·
Registered
11 Posts

I agree that the rear end looks like a yaris, but I really like the front end treatment. It looks very different from any small american cars, in a good way, our econoboxes are way too conservative looking.:)

·
Registered
938 Posts

nice interor, finaly gwm did some good job and avoid copy, this car maybe look similar to other models but don't have such copy lines like florid, coolbear, peri....maybe this will be new way for gwm

·
Registered
938 Posts

daewoo-chevrolet said:
@ micodelija: This is obviously a copycat of the Toyota Yaris, IMO.

Okay, Great Wall redesigned the interior, nose, rear and the doors a bit, but that's it.
Shame on you (again), GWM!
yes i know that, but at least they change something :),hahaha,usually plenty chinese manifactures copy everything, including interior, this is a good start for beggining, maybe in future this can help them to make their own design, also this is similiar to toyota yaris, but at least it's not 100% copy, there is a difference between similar product and copy product

1 - 20 of 96 Posts