China Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Great Wall Wingle

What is the fuel consumption like. The ones here in South Africa come with a intercooler on the 2.8 tdi

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

consuption is between 9 liters of diesel, my engine have also 2.8 tc engine with 70 kw, i will try to put the chip on it like i put on the safe model to get at least 15-20 ps, i see on the official website that gwm plans to give the engine more power, 85 kw, i think that is ok, also they plan to put gasoline engine which i also perfere because of installation of LPG sistem on it

·
Registered
5 Posts

Here in SA the 2.8TC has an intercooler an pushes out 82kw. Otherwise how is it in general. Also what range do you get on a tank of diesel.

·
Registered
5 Posts

specs below. The vehicle arrives in SA then gets fitted with an intercooler. Price goes up buy R8000 +/-. Looking at this cause my ford focus 1.6 gives me 9-10 l/100km in town driving.

Suggested Price (Inclusive of VAT)

From R169 990 (4X2)

From R189 990 (4X4)
Dimensions (LxWxH) 5040 x 1800 x 1730
Track Front/Rear (mm) 1515/1525
Wheelbase (mm) 3050
Kerb/Tare Mass (Kg) 1775 (4 x 2)/1920 (4 x 4)
Payload (Kg) 1080
GVM (Kg) 2580
GCM (Kg) 3580
Approach/Departure angle (Degrees) 30/24
Engine Type GW 2.8 TC
No of Cylinders 4 Cyl In Line
Fuel Supply Common Rail
Direct Injection
Cycle 4 Stroke
Displacement (Cm3) 2771
Compression Ratio 17.5:1
Maximum Power (Kw/rpm) 70/3600
Maximum Torque (Nm/rpm) 225/1800
Fuel Tank Capacity (Liters) 70L
Brakes Front/Rear Discs/Drums
Cooling System Water Cooled
Fuel Diesel
Turbo Yes
Steering System Power Steering - Rack and Pinion
Gearbox Manual
Speeds 5 Forward Gears (Synchronised),
1 Reverse
Front Supension Double Wishbone
Independent Suspension
Rear Suspension Variable rigidity, unsymetrical leaf spring
Tyre Sizes (Front and Rear) 235/70 R 16
Axle Configuration 4 x 2/4 x 4
Drive Rear Wheel Drive / Electronic 4WD
No of Doors 4
No of Seats 5
Warranty 3 Year/100 000Km Factory Warranty
Road Side Assist 24 Hour Valid for full 3 Year/100 000Km Period
Vehicle Type Double Cab

PRICES & SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTIFICATION.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

here is some pictures of my wingle:

luxury equipment, i think that foglight shoud be better

speedometer look good during night, seats are also very comfortable

radio with cd and 6 speakers in it, quite good serial music

tires kumho road venture st (20%macadam -80%road),very good tires

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Great Wall Motors' Wingle Made Top 3 in Best Barkki 2008 in South Africa

March 17th, 2008

13.03.2008 -- GW Wingle pickup is the first high-end pickup produced by Great Wall Motor Company Limited. Although it entered South Africa market for a very short time, it has already attracted abroad attention due to its strong & handsome outlook and excellent performance.

In Best Barkki 2008 organized by one of the famous magazines named Barkki and Trucks in February 2008, Great Wall Wingle made the Top 3 by 8 stars evaluated by the professional testers from South Africa. This award verifies the quality of GW products and efficiently enhances the image of GW brand in South Africa.

http://www.autospectator.com/cars/g...ngle-made-top-3-best-barkki-2008-south-africa

·
Administrator
16,362 Posts
Great Wall are planning to make a extra long pick up trucks soon! The 6m long pick up should be able to carry 6 to 8 people, but at the expense of a limited rear cargo area. The triple cab Wingle should be at the Beijing show later this year.
The 6m, triple cab, Wingle is powered by a 2.8 Diesel engine giving the extra long pick up a top speed of 120kph. More news on this one as we get it!

source: China Car Times

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

great wall have one model like this, sailor model for arabic market..probably is for some rich arabic

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

10000 kilometers for 55 days

this happends when my dad drive a car,he broke this lamp 2 times

engine works ok, no oil leacking, nothing, top speed of car is 160, consuption is between 8-10 liters

·
Registered
1 Posts

are there any problems with the Wingle?
I'm thinking about buying one.

How is the interior holding up....?
That's my biggest worry. The quality of the interior and the power of the engine.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

interior is very good quality, by my opinion maybe even better than in hover, my car now have almost 20000 km and works without problem, all buttons are good

engine is very good because fuel consuption, between 8-10 liters of diesel, top speed is about 150, goes ok, it is also very good for chip tuning, you can easlily add at least 20 ps to him, also isn't very noisy

new wingle will soon have 2.8 tci engine with 85 kw, also will have intercooler on it, and new gasoline engine, 2.4 mivec with 100 kw

·
Administrator
16,362 Posts
The first Wingle assembled successfully in Indonesia.

23rd May 2008 was a great day for Indonesian WICM vehicle factory(subsidiary of Indomobil Group, distributor of GWM) - the first Wingle was finished in the end following nearly one-year-preparation. This is also the first time to realize the export and assembly in IKD for Great Wall Wingle at abroad. Mr. Andrew, CEO of Indomobil Group and other top management participate in this launching ceremony. “Indonesia market is satisfied with the quality and performance of Wingle”, Mr.Andrew said. They believe Great Wall Products will have a prosperous future in Indonesia with the cooperation between both parties. By the way, 100 units Wingle in CBU were exported to Indonesia before this and received excellent feedback on both performance and quality.

source: GWM

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

20000 km, without a problem, just regular maitance

interior is very good, look great

here it is with my new quad

41 - 60 of 179 Posts