China Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Great Wall Wingle

Great Wall Wingle. Now there's a great name !

How about that interior - perhaps Great Wall also make breadmakers ?

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

what's your problem dude?
first read more about wingle model, wingle is a name which came from two words, wind + eagle, od some market his name is steed,sombebody like it...somebody not, but it's better that shunagcheng or something like that

what do you want to say about interior? it's the same like isuzu d-max have and very good quality, by my opinion even better than in mitsubishi l200

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Wingle graphic and Pi

dragin said:
The Wingle is apparently GWM's big splash at Guangzhou. This might be a good model to pilot the US market entry providing it combines good fuel economy with decent heavy duty performance. Maybe GWM will follow the precedent set by Toyota and Datsun in the 70's when they offered (4x2) pickups that were more affordable than many sedans.

Here are photos of the Hover Pi model presented to Fidel.
Nice seats & interior there :)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

Great Wall Pick Up Steed ready for Europe

Chinese carmaker Great Wall Motor announced the company has been approved to export its high-end pickup Wingle to the European market, reported xinhua.net today.

According to test results released by the British Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA), the Wingle model has passed 26 tests in safety, emission, noise and other aspects. Thus VCA confirmed that Great Wall’s Wingle has met European standards.

Wingle, the main export products of Great Wall Motor, has been sold in more than 70 countries except the European Union. Now, the Chinese carmaker is delivering this model to the European market, starting from Italy, Romania and other countries with the Great Wall overseas sales channel.

Great Wall's sights are now set on Europe. As a launch model for Europe, the Wingle has been produced to meet the European standards. "Wingle is a pickup that can rival Ford and Toyota, so undoubtedly the model can get European’s approval," said the overseas marketing department of Great Wall.

Engine: 2.4i ECODUAL 100 kW/136 hp
Equipment: airconditioning, ABS + EBD, dual airbags, and even electrical package, leather upholstery and alloy wheels
Expected price: 12.000 euros before tax

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

What makes this Wingle high end ?

GWM better pray that ADAC does not jump in and throw this against the wall like BS6 and Landwind which both also satisfied all the European standards.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)

brilliance passed the test in spanish IDIADA, landwind also passed the test with new x6-pedition model in german tuv, and wingle?

first euroncap test isn't matter for homolgation, manifactures of vehicles don't have to send their vehicles to euroncap test, all vehicles must pass homolgation regulation

but if the wingle goes to euroncap test i am sure that he will pass, car is 100% sure, i am driving it for now over 6 months and don't have any problems with it,also with braking sistem from bosch and airbags for siemens must be good

this ECODUAL is the version which italians sold, that means that car have LPG or CNG instllation on it, regular engine will be mitsubishi mivec 2.4

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Mico

So is the 3 star rating of the Landwind Xpedition confirmed yet ? or is it still "would" and "will" ?

Well we are only 1 month away from Autumn 2008 now.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

for landwind...i only read one report which was presented to media for that model x6 from tuv, that document was verfied by them, this is what i know, as you know tested car of land wind was x3 model

i contact with some owners of landwind, and they are quite satisfied with their cars, some of them have 50 od 100 tkm, when i ask them for that euroncap test most of replys was...we want only big car with 4x4 and cheap expences for service

but now we are off topic...

·
Registered
1 Posts

micodelija said:
between 600 km, do you have the specification of that engine with intercoller?
Hi

I bought my Steed yesterday and they will be fitting the intercooler at the 2000km service. I will post pictures of the installation when its finished.

Richard

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

without any bigger problems,especially because i use the car for work
i have only regular maintance, change 2 fuel filter, 4 oil filters and air filter, also i replace rear brakes,couple of bulbs and one warranty part at steering whell assembly

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

yes martin, all new models of gwm have that logo, to me most important is to have gasoline engine because i want to install LPG sistem on it :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts

TO JVPE67.. mm That work is really nice, I have a wingle too and I'm looking for pictures from the front work. specifically the support points under de car.

take on count my petition.... good luck

·
Administrator
16,357 Posts
Great Wall Steed (Wingle) launch activity in Italy.

At the end of 2008, Eurasia Motor, Great Wall Motor distributor in Italy held the "Great Wall Steed launch activity" in Italy, bringing a great influence in the auto industry around the country and the over the European market.

The event mainly includes two parts: Steed test drive and Press conference. Eurasia Motor invited many famous and professional journalists for the test drive and press conference.

At the press conference, they introduced the Steed video, in which Vice President of Great Wall Motor Company Ltd. Introduced Great Wall Motor briefly. To some extent, the conference changed the European media’s attitude to the Chinese brand, especially to the Chinese auto industry.

During the test drive, Eurasia used several Steed models and a few Hover CUV models. Steed performs very well under many bad road conditions, such as the snowy road, rugged country road and so on. Steed is also a good helper in the grape yard with its powerful engine and spacious room.

Meanwhile, in order to highlight the Chinese culture, Eurasia Motor sticked several Chinese characters on the vehicles, which impressed the media deeply.

source: GWM

61 - 80 of 179 Posts