China Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody!

It's amazing, or should I say suprising, to find a dedicated Chinese car forum outside China. Nothing is impossible on the net.:) We are quite an infant in car manufacturing to say the truth but the home grown car makers like Chery are really catching up. Of course, thanks to all you supporters out there.:thumb:

I'm about to get a new A520 these days and I'm really satisfied with the whole package, considering it has such a competitive price. I'll let you know my experience with it later. Feul consumption, top speed, and such.

FYI, Chery lately signed a contract with Fiat to supply 100m 1.6/1.8 engines to be used on various Fiat models manufactured here in China and other parts of the world. Encouraging news, right?

Lastly, being a local, I'll try my best to feed you with the most update insights about Chery. :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
houking said:
Hi, everybody!

It's amazing, or should I say suprising, to find a dedicated Chinese car forum outside China. Nothing is impossible on the net.:) We are quite an infant in car manufacturing to say the truth but the home grown car makers like Chery are really catching up. Of course, thanks to all you supporters out there.:thumb:

I'm about to get a new A520 these days and I'm really satisfied with the whole package, considering it has such a competitive price. I'll let you know my experience with it later. Feul consumption, top speed, and such.

FYI, Chery lately signed a contract with Fiat to supply 100m 1.6/1.8 engines to be used on various Fiat models manufactured here in China and other parts of the world. Encouraging news, right?

Lastly, being a local, I'll try my best to feed you with the most update insights about Chery. :)
welcome Houking...hope to hear ur share of reviews from you A520

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome, pokershark.:)

In answering hazik, yes it's under 100000rmb, around 80K actually. I might be able to go even lower by bargaining with the car shop but they got really defensive on the price so I switched to asking for some free accessories. Greedy greedy, hehe. With that being counted, the final price will be at exactly 80K or little bit below.

It's near year end and the dealer is trying to keep up with their quota. That's why I can get a good, at least I think so, price.

Second thought, it may be that Chery is dumping their A520 inventory to give way to their 1.6 model (and later 1.8 model perhaps?). It's understandable because A5 series is a A class sedan anyway. A 2.0 engine seems wasteful on it and not right for its target buyers. But nothing official, only my personal speculation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts