China Car Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
More explanation please.

Are we to understand that the coupled fish hooks are the new logo for the new Guangzhou Auto (independent) manufacturer? And that this logo will take the place of the lower case "a" logo seen on many prototype renderings?

I'm also not sure whether the word with the logo is GUAD or GLAD. Can anyone explain the meaning of of it?

I'm hearing about this contest for the first time, and so am guessing that the internet contest was not pubished in English.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are we to understand that the coupled fish hooks are the new logo for the new Guangzhou Auto (independent) manufacturer? And that this logo will take the place of the lower case "a" logo seen on many prototype renderings?

Yes, the fish hooks will replace the lower case 'a'. The lower case a is the logo for the Guangzhou Automobile Industry Group, the manufacturer. The fish hooks is for branding their self developed cars.

I'm also not sure whether the word with the logo is GUAD or GLAD. Can anyone explain the meaning of of it?

The word is GLAD. This is just a brand name that the logo designer used when he submitted his design. But this will not be the brand name, the winner of the brand name competition is "Expedition". And yes, it's not published in English.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love the logo, but Expedition is very weird brand name. It's funny the board choose that name for car brand. I wonder why there's no someone to tell them how ugly that name.

From how GZ Auto choose that name, we understand how backwater their mind. I think they should ask young people who study aboard who know better about outside world.

Can someone make an open latter to be published in GZ local newspaper about how bad the expedition name?

·
Registered
255 Posts
MCV87 said:
What will be the name of this new brand? Expedition? GAEI?
Is this car going to be revealed at the Auto China 2010?
Apparently it will be 远征 (yuan zheng), which means "expedition." I hope they hire a Western consultant to come up with an English name, because Expedition will not cut it.

It seems like it will be revealed soon, since it's set to roll off the assembly line before the Pan-Asian games, which will take place in Guangzhou on November of this year.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts