China Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you know about Gui Zhou Yun Que - they made Subaru Justy replicas right up until recently.

Where they made in cooperation with subaru or where they just copying?

Ive seen one for sale second hand here in China.....

TIA!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Where to now for Subaru and Guizhou Auto??

Hey CCT,I think Laofan didn't get a chance to see this one.

Yes, Guizhou Auto (in Anshun) did have a legitimate joint venture with Subaru. Guizhou is one of those AVIC (AviChina)companies. It built the Yunque Skylark and Rex minicars for awhile but then around 2003 or early 2004 Subaru bailed out because of poor sales. And as you said I think all minicar production stopped, shortly thereafter.

Curiously that leaves Subaru out of the picture among Japanese automakers in the Chinese auto industry. However it was said that they had been talking to SAIC about some kind of link up.

Meanwhile at Guizhou Auto a Zhejiang company called Jinhua Youngman (Qingnian) came into the picture and the last I heard they were going to build passenger cars in the Anshun location.

Maybe Laofan can chime in here and give us an update on these developments.

It's too bad that Subaru was in the "wrong place at the wrong time" and got tied up with a partner which was going no where. Otherwise it might have enjoyed some of the same kind of success that Suzuki and Mazda are enjoying in China.

Interesting article about Yunque GHK7070:
http://www.carnewschina.com/2012/11/12/china-car-history-the-yunque-ghk7070/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yunque

Hello CCT and Dragon, yes I must have missed this one in December.
Yes, Dragon is right, Yunque cooperated with Subaru to produce the Rex. Latest version had a 658 cc four-cylinder, the car was known as GHK 7071 WOW. Production 2004: 165 units, 2005: 32, 2006: 20. Not numbers which will make you rich as a car factory!
Yunque was sold to Youngman of Jinhua, Zhejiang in 2004, and since than called Guizhou Youngman Yunque Automobile Co. Ltd.
In July 2006 it started to make plans to cooperate with Iran Khodro Industrial Group (IKCO), to produce the Iran Khodro Samand in China. The Samand was exhibited at the Shanghai '05 show and the Beijing '06 show. A Yunque version of the Samand, the GHK 7180, was shown in the press. (see http://www.sy.ln.cn/auto/view.php?id=7962)
Youngman is constructing a new factory in Tai'an, Shandong, to produce the GHK 7180. This will be a joint-venture between IKCO (30%) and Youngman (70%). Youngman has also plans to produce the Lotus cars in China. There are plans for another auto project in Jinan.
I don't know what will happen to the Guizhou facility in the future. It is possible that Youngman only bought it for the license to produce motor cars.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Youngman has also plans to produce the Lotus cars in China.
cars.
Thanks for all the info! My friend wanted to buy the Justy replica but as we both couldnt find out much about it he skipped over it.

Any info on the Lotus in China? It sounds great! I knew Lotus had offices in China (shanghai I think) didnt think they were going into production mode here!

·
Administrator
16,864 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks but what would be REALLy helpful is an answer. Does anybody make that car. And could I pay a chinese suv manufacturer to produce a clone, do you think they would do it??

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
No Danadrianrico, nobody is producing that car.
Yes, you can pay a company and let them produce that car. It is certainly helpfull when they use the old Yunque dies, maybe Yunque wants to sell them. I have no idea how much money a company would ask you to produce a mini car like that. (Note that you need a license to produce a car (passenger car) in China, unless you export 100% of the production). You can ask Gonow, they are rather open in their contacts.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ahhh yes thank you that answered quite a bit of questions that I had, and that I might have in the future.

I plan to visit China later this year, but unfortunatly I am not able to even contact GONOW. I emailed several companies including GONOW, and the only company executive I have gotten a response from is William Tong from Baoding Dadi. Several people suggested Shanghuang, Polarsun, and GONOW and Dadi is the only company that has shown at least a little bit of support.

This gives me an idea though. And yes all products are going to be exported (Unless william wants to sell in China then whatever...thats even if he says yes btw). Zotye still has all the things from Jiangnan and Tongtian. Maybe I can find out if they will sell me the dyes for one of there models. I am not sure. Of course if I should, for some unexplainable reason, be near Guizhou then I will try to ask the factory if they will sell.

But when you say contact GONOW, do you mean for busines or for finding dyes or something?? Like I mentioned, I tried but to no avail...

However

·
Registered
146 Posts
erik (laofan) said:
No Danadrianrico, nobody is producing that car.
Yes, you can pay a company and let them produce that car. It is certainly helpfull when they use the old Yunque dies, maybe Yunque wants to sell them. I have no idea how much money a company would ask you to produce a mini car like that. (Note that you need a license to produce a car (passenger car) in China, unless you export 100% of the production). You can ask Gonow, they are rather open in their contacts.
Does anybody know if youngman has a email address, cause I would like to enquire about the old yunque line up and if they had any leftover materials/cars/bodies/ETC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts