China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Cool cars! They will be great for all markets around the world, except the US of course. Can't wait to see them on the streets.

·
Registered
827 Posts
1. that top car is hideous (whats it copied from Yaris or Satria ?)

2. the van is nice but old design looks like a Toyota Spacia.

3. a hideously cute mini 4x4 lol I don't know what to think :D

4. GWM should develop their own pick up, I think they would do a fantastic job developing from scratch but need to take a leap of faith with there R&D if they have one :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
R&d

I think this pictures show the great R&D department that GWM has. There is a great future for this chinese brand.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The 'Great Wall Three'

I thought it would be a welcome relief to see some new posts that were car-related, and nothing to do with racist bullshit about which East Asian nation has the prettiest women.

So nothing particularly new here, just another restyling of Great Wall's proposed new small car line-up...

The Mini. It's Chinese name (迷你) is identical to the 'British' Mini.

http://img.autohome.com.cn/Shows/2007/4/20/5car-20-15-10-47-865787256.jpg

http://img.autohome.com.cn/Shows/2007/4/20/5car-20-15-11-16-419777023.jpg

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks Trivia Tim for bringing us back on track.
I'm confused by the name "Mini" above...is that what they're calling this little 4X4?. I think Chinacartimes had referred to it as the Peri 4X4.
Will Fiat's Sergio Marchionne follow up on his threat to take legal action against GW?

·
Registered
325 Posts
yes - when I got the pictures before the show it was the pery 4x4 now its the Great Wall Mi Ni 迷你

1.3 升SUV "长城迷你",是国内第一款小排量最省油的四驱SUV,这是长城汽车最新推出的一款车型,四轮盘刹,带ABS,在动力配置、底盘、安全设计等方面强化了运动性能,具备良好的越野功能,它颠覆了传统SUV概念,使这款小型SUV独树一帜,也必将在市场上脱颖而出。
from http://www.chinacity.com/bbs/detail26015.shtml

Who got the info from autoblog - who got the info from me. So in short, who knows where the mini name came from!:lol:

·
Registered
305 Posts
My concern............

Here is what concerns me - the PRICE. I recently was on a website (sorry, forgot which one) that gave some pretty accurate price estimates for these cars.......for the Mini/Peri/whatever and the I7 the prices will be in the 80,000 - 100,000rmb range. For the Cowry (which is actually a bigger car than the photos indicate - it's a fairly big "minivan") the price will be in 100,000rmb price range. Is Great Wall crazy??????????? Both the Mini/Peri and the I7 have 1.3 engines (and I suppose the option for a bigger engine)...........for 80,000-90,000rmb I have LOTS of other choices that are MUCH better cars (VW Polo/Jetta, Honda Fit, Peugeot 206/Citroen C2, Hyundai Accent/Kia Rio.....) and if I want a 1.3 engine chinese car, I think I would choose the QQ6 (or better yet, the new Chery A1) and save THIRTY THOUSAND RMB!!!

Great Wall seems to forget that their biggest success to date (the Hover) isn't a success because it's a great car...........because it's not. It's a success because it's a BARGAIN for the price!! It IS a good car, and it offers decent styling, power and comfort. However, if Great Wall attempted to price in the same range as an import SUV (i.e. 200,000rmb and up) it would NEVER sell. So WHY is Great Wall pricing these new small SUV's in a price range that they can't POSSIBLY be competitive in????? They would be a HUGE success in the 60,000-75,000rmb range and I think Great Wall is going to learn a hard lesson real quick if they try to price them above 80,000rmb. They ARE cute, and they DO have some unique styling - but they are NOT good enough to go up against the likes of the Polo, Jetta, Fit, 206, Accent or other import cars in this price range!! Get real, Great Wall!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
how good is the hover

it would appear that there is some experience regarding the Hover. i visited the greatwall dealer (jamaica) and saw the hover and the socool; can anyone give any information regarding performance of the hover and the socool;that is; performance, durability (parts), milage etc.

also the bus industry is receiving some offerings from the chinese market, sucg as: yutong, golden dragon, kinglong among others. can anyone give information regarding the one(s) which is of the best quality

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Wellington if you search "Hover" on this website you will find some good brief critiques of this vehicle.
In addition here's a website that gives a a rather poorly translated Russian review, but you can get some ideas from it.

http://www.china-motors.ru/english/news_testdrive.php?id=8

As for the (new) Socool, well I don't think that consumer/driver feedback will be available for awhile I'm afraid.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Trivia Tim said:
I thought it would be a welcome relief to see some new posts that were car-related, and nothing to do with racist bullshit about which East Asian nation has the prettiest women.

So nothing particularly new here, just another restyling of Great Wall's proposed new small car line-up...

The Mini. It's Chinese name (迷你) is identical to the 'British' Mini.

i dont like this one bit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts