1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Re: New Hafei mini vans

@ martin_krpan: 'The Changhe Aircraft Industry which belongs to the state-controlled China Aviation Industry Corporation II which also controls Hafei and Hanjiang produced helicopters and automobiles. It subsidiary, the Changhe Machinery Factory started assembling Suzuki ST 90VT trucks. They also designed and produced 12-19 seats minibuses by their own.'

Source: http://www.globalautoindex.com/maker.plt?no=2145&g=Changhe

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

daewoo-chevrolet said:
@ martin_krpan: 'The Changhe Aircraft Industry which belongs to the state-controlled China Aviation Industry Corporation II which also controls Hafei and Hanjiang produced helicopters and automobiles. It subsidiary, the Changhe Machinery Factory started assembling Suzuki ST 90VT trucks. They also designed and produced 12-19 seats minibuses by their own.'

Source: http://www.globalautoindex.com/maker.plt?no=2145&g=Changhe
DC, the ownership status of these has changed a lot since globalautoindex posted that info. Now (since 2005) the Dong'an Engine company is in the middle between AviChina and Hafei. Dong'an is 70% owned by AviChina while it (Dong'an) holds 100% of Hafei.
Anyway AviChina wants out of the auto business and so the Dongfeng acquisition will no doubt go through soon.

As for Shaanxi Hanjiang, that's another deal. It was acquired in 2005 by Gonow (Ji'ao) Auto, and that updated info was posted on globalautoindex. But it puzzles me as to what Gonow is doing with it.

As for Chang'he, sales were down for 2007. I wonder what will become of it.

btw Thanks for all the great photos you have been posting lately. And thanks to you too Martin and TT

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

I didn't know that, so thanks for the correction, dragin!

dragin said:
As for Chang'he, sales were down for 2007. I wonder what will become of it.
That's a pity, because the Changhe Ideal is in my opinion one of the best looking Chinese city cars.

·
Registered
93 Posts

dragin said:
Dong'an is 70% owned by AviChina while it (Dong'an) holds 100% of Hafei.
I'm probably wrong, but I thought that Dong'an was owned by Hafei. My theory makes more sense to me, since Hafei is a huge aerospace / auto manufacturer, while Dong'an is a relatively minor engine maker. But when has the Chinese auto industry ever made sense?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

TT, here's an excerpt from an old China daily article that should clarify it a bit:

China Daily 08/03/05
.....In a filing to the Shanghai Stock Exchange, Shanghai-listed Harbin Dong'an Auto Engine Co said its parent company AviChina Industry & Technology Co Ltd is in talks with Dongfeng Motor for a possible tie-up.
It said AviChina and Dongfeng will form a joint venture and AviChina will finance the venture with restricted circulating shares of Dong'an Engine and parts of assets from its subsidiary minivan manufacturer Harbin Hafei Automobile Industry Group......
But on the question I posed about Chang'he, here's a confusing article just published today, contradicting what I said in an earlier post about AviChina wanting to get out of the auto business.

Gasgoo.com 08/05/05
Changhe Auto not to be acquired by auto giants
By George Gao From:Gasgoo.comMay 05, 2008
Shanghai, May 5 (Gasgoo.com) The widespread rumor that Jiangxi Changhe Automobile Co. would be acquired by China's automaking giants such as Beijing Auto or Changan Auto was spiked by Changhe Auto's general manager Zhou Shining in a recent interview with The Beijing News. Instead, the company will become part of the New Aviation Industry Corporation of China, Zhou said.

China Aviation Industry Corporation I (AVIC I) and China Aviation Industry Corporation II (AVIC II) will be merged to be the New Aviation Industry Corporation of China this year. As a subsidiary of AVIC II, Changhe Auto will have larger scope for development and growth in the new aviation complex, because the aviation giant will put auto manufacturing high on the agenda of its future expansion. Changhe Auto's joint venture with Dongfeng Motor and Hafei Auto will also be handed over to the new aviation corporation.

Changhe Auto, based in Jingdezhen city, Jiangxi province, has received huge investment from AVIC II for automobile R&D and energy efficiency projects. In the coming two years, the carmaker will launch two new car models -- one is own brand, and the other is joint venture product. The company will pursue the double-brand strategy in its future growth: its new auto products will carry the Changhe brand and the Changhe Suzuki brand.

In 2007 Changhe Auto and one of its associates distributed 107,699 automobiles and produced 49,955 engines, obtaining approximately 66% of its total revenue from the sales of its vehicles.
"Changhe Auto's joint venture with Dongfeng Motor and Hafei...." :confused:
That's all new to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts

there is a hafei dealership here in Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila but it seems its not selling that well. There are more Chery QQ's running around Metro Manila than Hafei vans. Anyway, Suzuki is still selling the Carry van here.

·
Registered
11 Posts

That's both first chinese MPV which looks good and interesting.
If car will look's like that it will be wonderfull .

·
Registered
62 Posts

Are both mini-vans, the Small Conqueror and the Big Conqueror on the market, yet or have they been cancelled?
Is Hafei still in the auto-business and do they present new concept cars or production models anytime soon?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Hello MCV,
I have read that the Big Conqueror was launched in Zhengzhou on the first day of this year in Zhengzhou, and that the Small Conqueror will follow early this year.
Yes, Hafei is still in business and is great at displaying concepts at shows. But it is a subsidiary of a state-owned corporation that specializes in aircraft manufacture, not automobiles. As a result, product development has been stifled and very slow.
Hafei makes a nice product but under the present circumstances their Pininfarina-designed vans will have a hard time competing with Wuling, Chang'an and Dongfeng's Daihatsu and Suzuki knockoffs.
The good news is that Hafei will soon get a boost as it produces its dated Saibao sedan for the Miles company in the U.S.. With the help of Tianjin Qingyuan EV company it will fit them with electric powerplants.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts