China Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm fairly new to this website so I tell something about myself. My name is Raul and I live in Finland. So, why am I interested about Chinese cars ? I have always wanted to know everything about the world's car manufacturers. Since year 2000-2001 I started to follow Chinese auto industry very closely. In 2004 I was very frustrated because there was little information available on the Internet. So in August, 2004 I decided to establish a message board for friends of Chinese cars.

Maybe I was the first one to offer a Chinese cars forum in English. The forum has been very quiet albeit I have tried to advertize it. However few interested people have contacted me and I have managed to collect valuable information regarding Chinese car manufacturers. Last summer I went through all websites of Chinese car manufacturers I could find and collected over 250 pages of information (pictures, technical details etc.). Now I have information for more than 150 car, bus and truck manufacturers and always looking for new makes.

It was great to find this website, because this is much more lively place and an excellent place to post news and new information.

I will still keep my old forum running. However it is not a competitor to this forum. I will post here all the interesting information I find.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chinese cars are unfortunately not for sale in Finland. I have only seen one Chinese car in my life. It was in AutoStadt in Wolfsburg, Germany. A Shanghai SH760A from 1975.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Another Hello Everyone

I'm following Raul, I saw the link that someone left on his fine site. Its good to see a few more people in this one :)

Well I am not very interested in Geely, Chery or Zhongxing but I am interested in Nanjing Auto (Nanqi) since I own an MG and Nanjing have bought MG and will be producing the cars in China. Maybe someone could create a sub-forum for them? I also have a small interest in Great Wall Motors since I hear they may be making Antonov gearboxes for Nanjings MG's

PS. I see another familiar user name - Chabbu. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Windy said:
I'm following Raul, I saw the link that someone left on his fine site. Its good to see a few more people in this one :)

Well I am not very interested in Geely, Chery or Zhongxing but I am interested in Nanjing Auto (Nanqi) since I own an MG and Nanjing have bought MG and will be producing the cars in China. Maybe someone could create a sub-forum for them? I also have a small interest in Great Wall Motors since I hear they may be making Antonov gearboxes for Nanjings MG's

PS. I see another familiar user name - Chabbu. :cool:
we will create a new sub forum for nanjing,

thanks windy

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
admin said:
How did you become so interested in ChinaCars?

China is now the third largest car manufacturer in the world. For me China is the future. I hope that some day I could work for a Chinese car manufacturer.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Raul said:
China is now the third largest car manufacturer in the world. For me China is the future. I hope that some day I could work for a Chinese car manufacturer.

are you in the auto industry currently? :confused:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a student. I'm studying automotive aftersale engineering. I'll graduate somewhere between 2008-2009.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Raul said:
I'm a student. I'm studying automotive aftersale engineering. I'll graduate somewhere between 2008-2009.

by that time...Chinese Cars will be Big internationally :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
nice to meet you guy!
It's so amazing that you are from Finland,how far it is! surprising!

I know you are very interested in chinese cars,but what do you think of china national car?such as chery or geely?

you say you major in automotive,me too,and I will graduate now.

I'm interested in what you learn in your college?can you say more? :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think Chery is at the moment the best national car maker in China. In 2008 Chery brings a lot of new models to the North American market. However there are many good manufacturers following Chery, like Geely (2007-2008 in North America) and Zhonghua (2006 in Europe). Chinese learn really fast, maybe 2006 year will be remembered as an year when Chinese cars started to conquer the world.

I'm studying at the capital city of Finland, in Helsinki. The polytechnic in which I study has 4-year engineering degrees which are equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree of 160 credits. That's about 40 credits per year = usually it takes little over 4 years.

My degree programme is After Sales Engineering. This means jobs in car service and spare parts departments.

So tell me about your school. Are you going to work for a car manufacturer in the future ? :p

·
Registered
225 Posts
Raul said:
I think Chery is at the moment the best national car maker in China. In 2008 Chery brings a lot of new models to the North American market. However there are many good manufacturers following Chery, like Geely (2007-2008 in North America) and Zhonghua (2006 in Europe). Chinese learn really fast, maybe 2006 year will be remembered as an year when Chinese cars started to conquer the world.
Tkank you very much for your care about China automotive~

i agree with you that chery will be the best national car maker in China.and they will export new cars to the USA,they are doing what japan and korea automakers did many years ago. japan and korea were both successful,special for japan. but it's hard for chery and other china automakers now,because now people's request are higher than before as well as industrial standard including exhaust and so on...

So it's a challenge for those automakers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Raul said:
I'm studying at the capital city of Finland, in Helsinki. The polytechnic in which I study has 4-year engineering degrees which are equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree of 160 credits. That's about 40 credits per year = usually it takes little over 4 years.

My degree programme is After Sales Engineering. This means jobs in car service and spare parts departments.

So tell me about your school. Are you going to work for a car manufacturer in the future ? :p
I'm studying in shanghai of China.Do you know shanghai?

I have studied in "mechanical Design manufacture and Automatic" for 3 years and now studying 2-year Bachelor's Degree of automotive servicing engineer.

I'm now writing a treatise in the final semester,after this I will get Bachelor's Degree :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Raul said:
Chinese cars are unfortunately not for sale in Finland. I have only seen one Chinese car in my life. It was in AutoStadt in Wolfsburg, Germany. A Shanghai SH760A from 1975.
You know Shanghai auto?

now see the Shanghai limousine

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jikki said:
You know Shanghai auto?
Ofcourse I know Shanghai :D

I have a book about old Shanghai saloon cars which were made in c.1958-1992. Shanghai cars were totally hand-made in small numbers. Now it is a Chinese classic car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts