China Car Forums banner

Hello - my rides

7K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Rally Red Lancer GTS 
#1 ·
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I am from England and I have owned a number of sportscars in the past. I currently own two japanese sportscars.

First one is a Toyota Supra twin-turbo, I have slightly modified it so that it now produces about 420bhp.
The engine internals are stock, the turbos are stock. Suspension is RS-R fully adjustable, uprated exhaust, uprated intercooler, modified air box and Blitz electronic boost controller.
Boost runs at 1.2bar for normal everyday use and 1.4 bar for track driving.

My second car is a Mitsubishi EVO 6 RS2. This car is also slightly modified with uprated Tein adjustable suspension, boost controller, modified air filter and exhaust. Producing about 300bhp.

I am a racing driver and also motorsport instructor. I goto the 22km Nurburgring circuit in Germany every year and put in lap times af around 8.20..... which is not bad for a road car and the usual track traffic.
If any of you get the chance to go to the Nurburgring then you MUST do it ! :)

I am now living in Shanghai for a while. Waiting to hear if I can work at the F1 track or at the Tianma Circuit.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
To be honest if I was driving on a track I would choose to take my Supra.
BUT if I want to go fast on narrow and very twisty roads I would choose the EVO.

The EVO X is a high performance car..... but its a shame Mitsubishi have changed the look of it soo much from the previous models.
But it seems to be something all the big manufacturers are doing.... they are all 'toning down' the aggressive looks on all their models it seems.

#7 ·
I think the EVO X does have an aggressive look, and I think my '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS also has this look. The shark-nosed front end look, glaring at you and daring to race with you. Actually, I don't like the older Lancer's looks or EVO 9 and before's looks nearly as much as this new design. But to each his own, I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.