China Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
Hengtian H2/H5

New spy shots of Hengtian's long-awaited SUV. Although pace of activities has picked up after Sinomach took over, the delays in approval may be related to the govt.'s distaste for large-displacement, fossil-fuel powered vehicles being unleashed on the market for open purchase (perhaps also a reason for delays in the case of the BAIC BJ90 or Hongqi LS5?).

It is said that the new SUV will be powered by 3.0 L or 4.0 L engines, and there is speculation on a V8 as well.

As seen below, the model name could be H2. A stock exchange filing by Hengli Industrial Development Group Co., Ltd., a company which supplies automotive air-conditioning systems, refers to a Hengtian product as "H2".

641.jpg
Capture.JPG

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
I see copying 10 year old Toyotas is still a thing...
At the risk of ridicule, I might go out on a limb and say that other than general size and shape and a little bit around the D-pillar and the rear lamps, it is not a copy of the pre-facelift Land Cruiser J200, because the allegation would not hold up to scrutiny. I don't think any of the body panels are interchangeable (going by details and features only, not exact sizes because we don't have them).

I know I am playing the devil's advocate here :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Among other things, the absence of wheel opening flares distinguishes it from the knock-offs of BAW, FAW and Huaxiang Fuqi, that have gone before it.

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,684 Posts
China Hengtian Auto Group (Ya'an) Automotive Co., Ltd. has been renamed China Hengtian Off-Road Vehicle Co., Ltd.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts