China Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all CHERY A11 admirers.. I need help please

I live in Algeria and I'm not far from deciding to buy the CHERY model A11 Windcloud.. the model on sale here, unlike other A11 in other countries, comes with a Wolkswagen Golf S90 engine instead of a Ford for the amazing price of 11 000$..

So, could anyone familiar with the Wolkswagen engine version tell me more about it's overall performance on the A11 please.. thanks guys :thumb:

·
Registered
481 Posts
hi Redha , I am from Egypt
VW GOLF v90 engine ? thats new
the one sold here is a based on a FORD CVH engine ....

cant help u there sorry ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cryptonx said:
hi Redha , I am from Egypt
VW GOLF v90 engine ? thats new
the one sold here is a based on a FORD CVH engine ....

cant help u there sorry ...
thanks cryptonx.. it's the thought that counts ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bonjour Redha~

I have no idea what a VW golf v90 looks like let along its performance. I've started a inquiry thread on China's chery forum and hopefully someone who owns a car engined with S90 can help you out.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tiggo said:
Bonjour Redha~

I have no idea what a VW golf v90 looks like let along its performance. I've started a inquiry thread on China's chery forum and hopefully someone who owns a car engined with S90 can help you out.

I'll keep you posted.
thanks so much Tiggo for your reply..

The VW S90 is the third generation of the Golf engine that had quite success in the 1990's.. My main concern is whether this engine has proved itself on the A11 chasis...etc

But I've made up my mind.. I'm buying the A11 this coming monday no matter what.. I've read enough about it on this forum and elsewhere to convince me that my purchase is value for money Big Time..

I'm also glad that a whole Chery car lovers community exists out there.. It's very reassuring and gratifying to be amongst the first generation of buyers to believe in the impact Chery cars will have worldwide.. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
since the A11 CHASSIS is originally a VW CHASSIS (Albeit second generation not third) then it should work just fine - lots of people have put the engines from later generation VW's into Golf Mk2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fightingtorque said:
since the A11 CHASSIS is originally a VW CHASSIS (Albeit second generation not third) then it should work just fine - lots of people have put the engines from later generation VW's into Golf Mk2.
Thanks for the information fightingtorque.. great chery race track download.. :nod:

·
Registered
198 Posts
REDHA said:
thanks so much Tiggo for your reply..

The VW S90 is the third generation of the Golf engine that had quite success in the 1990's.. My main concern is whether this engine has proved itself on the A11 chasis...etc

But I've made up my mind.. I'm buying the A11 this coming monday no matter what.. I've read enough about it on this forum and elsewhere to convince me that my purchase is value for money Big Time..

I'm also glad that a whole Chery car lovers community exists out there.. It's very reassuring and gratifying to be amongst the first generation of buyers to believe in the impact Chery cars will have worldwide.. :)
Salut~

SO far I've had around ten replies but unfortunately none of them are sure about that engine, some of them even doubt the information I've given about A11 having a VW engine...apparently not a lot people know about it! :D

It's great to know you are going to have a brand new car! hope it serves you well!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Tiggo said:
Salut~

SO far I've had around ten replies but unfortunately none of them are sure about that engine, some of them even doubt the information I've given about A11 having a VW engine...apparently not a lot people know about it! :D

It's great to know you are going to have a brand new car! hope it serves you well!
Salut Tiggo..

Apparently the A11 VW engine version is exclusively for the algerian market. The dealers who brought the cars in requested that on the A11 (to compete with the hyundai and chevrolet dealers which sell for the same price).

Algerians are very keen on european cars and engines, specially french and german.. But since the price of these cars is getting somewhat uneconomical, the dealer had this great idea of combining this chinese made car with a german engine..

The Chery brand is still very unknown here but it had a quite relative success in the last algerian automobile fair.. If this car should sell here on a reasonable volume, it would only be because of the VW engine reference..

I should be driving my A11 by monday if all goes well :D
What car you drive Tiggo? the Tiggo?

Merci pour tout et salut ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
REDHA said:
Salut Tiggo..

Apparently the A11 VW engine version is exclusively for the algerian market. The dealers who brought the cars in requested that on the A11 (to compete with the hyundai and chevrolet dealers which sell for the same price).

Algerians are very keen on european cars and engines, specially french and german.. But since the price of these cars is getting somewhat uneconomical, the dealer had this great idea of combining this chinese made car with a german engine..

The Chery brand is still very unknown here but it had a quite relative success in the last algerian automobile fair.. If this car should sell here on a reasonable volume, it would only be because of the VW engine reference..

I should be driving my A11 by monday if all goes well :D
What car you drive Tiggo? the Tiggo?

Merci pour tout et salut ;)
Y a pas de problème~ ;)

I think the latest renault clio looks great! Since it passes on the former clio legend, it should be another success. Too bad there are not a lot renault outside europe, i rare see a renault in China.

About me, I don't have a car in Paris, the local public transportation system is convenient enough for my academic and social life. Back in China I drive my father's 2000 Audi A6 2.8L. :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Marhaba, sadiqi! Keif Halek?

Welcome to our forum. Let us know how your purchase turns out. The car looks like a good deal. Is this the new A11?

It seems Chery is expanding fast into many countries, this is a good thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts