China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i am a new member. i found this board and it seems to have some knowledgeable members. basically i am doing research on importing cars to china from europe and usa. how involved is this process? i would utlimately like to have a showroom close to the shanghai track.
i would also like to import race cars such as the ariel atom and ultima gtr.
is there a market for cars only designed to drive on the track?
also, are parts by hamann, techart, acs currently being sold in china? how big is the aftermarket parts industry, sepcifically for german cars?

any information, input, feedback is greatly appreciated.

thanks
alex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know that there are dealerships already selling high end luxury sports cars in china. i am wondering if i can import used cars into china? is this currently being done? what are some of the fees i would be responsible for paying the government?

·
Registered
13 Posts
china's car market is one of the most competitive market in the world
especially in low price car
for luxury sports cars, 25% for import tax and
a lot of extra certificate.
Only very luxury car can make profit in this case

forum.tdctrade.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000356.html

·
Registered
450 Posts
I met a bloke on the verge of giving up after spending two years trying to get a caterham in, first as a kit, then had caterham build it as a new car, then UK registered and trying to bring in as a pre owned. still no joy.

vesta motorsport, who build the china formula 2000 single seaters, tried to bring a race car in, it's still in customs. so they sent another by a different method, and got that one in. they would be the best people to talk to initially although quite busy with their own thing.

www.formula-china.com

tuning parts are starting to come in. the biggest players in shanghai are probably sams tuning and china dragon racing. it is becoming / will be a big market, even though it's in a downturn at the moment because modifying cars is technically illegal and at the moment the police are enforcing quite strictly. but it should come good in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts