China Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Flagcloud has different tipes of egine there is Tritec (16- valve)
tritecmotors.com.br/english/motors/16L.htm

and a "classic type" made in China. (4 -cylinder, 8-valve)

I have the last one
it's about 9 -10 lit. in city and less then 8 by road.

·
Registered
450 Posts
hazik said:
this is how the engine looks like

that is the 8v engine, based on Ford CVH design. same as mine. originally, Flagcloud had tritec engine and windcloud had this 8v engine. the other difference was that windcloud had revised interior and different bumpers (like in these pics).

recently, they have made further revision, and now all cars have the revised interior and exterior. some have the 8V engine, I think they are maybe still producing some with the tritec engine (not sure ) and the first ones with Chery's new Acteco 1.6-16v should be rolling off the line around now.

I think they will continue to produce the car with both the 8V and the Acteco 16V engines, although the 16 V should have better performance and likely cost more.

·
Registered
627 Posts
fightingtorque said:
that is the 8v engine, based on Ford CVH design. same as mine. originally, Flagcloud had tritec engine and windcloud had this 8v engine. the other difference was that windcloud had revised interior and different bumpers (like in these pics).

recently, they have made further revision, and now all cars have the revised interior and exterior. some have the 8V engine, I think they are maybe still producing some with the tritec engine (not sure ) and the first ones with Chery's new Acteco 1.6-16v should be rolling off the line around now.

I think they will continue to produce the car with both the 8V and the Acteco 16V engines, although the 16 V should have better performance and likely cost more.

The flagcloud with 8v engine and manual transmission starts around 65000RMB , the one with 16v tritec engine and automatic transmission costs over 100000RMB. Not many people buying the automatic transmission with 16v engine.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I saw one in person when I was just in China. It looks so "square" and almost toy like (I don't mean it in a bad way.) Has a 90's/VW feel to it. If the quality, price, safety, and warranty is right I'd buy one.

I like the rear hatch setup. Very clever. Chinese/Asia loves the formal sedan setup, but can really use the hatch utility.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.