China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi ! I am the moderator of a French group dealing with Eastern European Cars (including of course Russian cars) : sovietauto.fr

We have an unsolve problem concerning the Beijing BJ-212.

Which model between the Russian UAZ-469 and the BJ-212 what produced first ? Which one derives from another one ???

On the following link : chinesecars.net/index.php?page=4 showing a book on the brand, there is the following dates : "The Beijing BJ-212 (1964- 1987)"

The UAZ-469 what probably studied after 1965 and was launched in 1972.

On the official site of Beijing I've found another information (but I do not speak at all Chinese) : baw.com.cn/en/newsdetail.php?newsid=119 and there is in the text some cyrillic types talking about GAZ-69 (another Russian jeep older that the UAZ).

Could you help us to resolve the question ?
VG

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Erik ! Thanks for the information. I've made some new investigations about the UAZ history which permitted me to better understand the matter.
Is anybody can read the Chinese article and explain why the GAZ-69 (and not the UAZ-469) is mentionned ?
Regards !
Vincent

1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.