China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
According to CAIN (China Auto Information) Hongqi HQ3 goes for sale in November 16.

"Sources with FAW Red Flag said that Red Flag HQ3 would go on sale on this November 16 when the prices of two series would be released. FAW Red Flag has invested a lot to build its Red Flag production line of 50-year history into a Red Flag HQ3 base with an annual output capacity of 13,000 units. Two series of 4.3L and 3.0L will be manufactured on this line.

The original model of Red Flag HQ3 is majesta on Toyota top-class platform. It has an excellent dynamic feature, creature comfort, impressive designs as well as nice quality. HQ3 will find its place in the administrative car and protocol car market."

Admin: Could you move this thread to FAW forum ? ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hope all of you do not put more care on this car since it is originated from Japapese majesta. I feel shamed and it was also criticed by many netzen in China. We can expect more good news from Chery, Geely, SAIC and Changan (Great wall seems still in the stage of copying, not heard of their long term development plan)

·
Registered
314 Posts
if u take Audi, vw, Skoda and Seat, they are identical cars underneath, but they looks very different and have their own nationality characters. If Faw have a joint venture with toyota then that doesnt give faw to build a copy of the crown original, the chinese designers could have played a role in giving the car a more Chinese identity instead of looking like the way it does. :eek:

·
Registered
121 Posts
phaeton said:
Actually FAW have purchased the rights/licence to produce this model in FAW factory ;)

FYI FAW also have a JV with a Toyota & VW, both of these companies assist the FAW Group where possible ;)
OK. Before we proceed w/bashing this car to death, maybe we should understand what the above quote says. FAW has been given the right to produce the Japanese equivalent of this model by its joint-venture partner, TOYOTA. This means that FAW can produce, under license, an exact copy of the Crown Majesta, is it?, i'm not too familiar w/ this model, w/out Toyota going bonkers & suing the pants off them, w/ch they won't do anyway since FAW is making tons of money for them. This arrangement exemplifies a crucial condition in any joint-venture arrangement between a chinese company making cars, & its foreign partner. In any JV, the chinese partner is allowed to manufacture an exact copy of any outdated design of its JV partner,w/its permission of course, under its own chinese brand, & embellish its design to its taste. the logic behind this is to accelerate the technology transfer from the foreign JV partner to the chinese counterpart. If anything, FAW is guilty of a lack of imagination in not altering the original design so that it's antecedent is not so obvious. So, its not a knock-off, its a licensed product w/a different badge, or to put it bluntly, a licensed copy.

·
Registered
314 Posts
why cant chinese companies use their own desing flair in designs of Japanese cars built under license copy. Imagine the Japanese are laughing, they get paid by the chinese for JV licenses, and when the chinese vehicle looks japan knock off, the ridicule takes place on the chinese face. Japan must be laughing behind the chinese back with thier japanese pocket full of $$ from china:confused: :(

japanese people very clever, treat china like a small baby, give it chocolate to keep happy/well behaved

·
Registered
121 Posts
ya gotta slow down gsj! in this case, you're letting your fingers get ahead of your thoughts. what's this about a "desing flair"? we're not a fashion forum, we're a car forum, so dressing up doesn't make an impact here.

·
Registered
314 Posts
you know what i meant, i suppose u prefer the 'Knock off' fake and CHEAP looks, :lol: :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey, don't get upset, i was being facetious; merely reacting to fallacious arguments presented in a facile manner. if you want to be taken at face value, then be less factious & more fastidious in presentation lest your fawn fall fallow.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts