China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
hazik said:
People who work at SAIC-GM and SAIC-volkswagen drive Chery's and Geely's.
i doubt that. the saic employees get discounts on saic cars so that's what they drive. go to the parking lot of any of these companies, you can see it.

do not think that saic wages are the norm in china. this is one of the things that is hitting saic and it's parts companies (like some delphi JV's).

if rural china e.g. anhui salary is x
shanghai is 2x
saic is 4x

roughly speaking....

·
Registered
450 Posts
asdfzxcv said:
Serious question... let's think about it.

I'd venture to say that most of the folks on chinese car assembly line don't drive a car. So how can people who don't usually drive make a good car?

You really have to be passionate about cars to know how to make a good car!!!

It isn't a coincidence that daewoo and hyundai are bad cars just like those coming chinese cars. Don't think I am right? Go drive a lexus is 300 and immediately drive a BMW 330 you'll noticed the difference like night n' day. German cars and autobahn cultures go hand in hand... without one there is no other.

Come on, you know I am right... don't indulge yourself in self denial.

It's an interesting point. as hater says, it's not the assembly people but the engineers. I sent a whole bunch of my guys out to learn to drive because I thought it was important, and I imagine the OE makers do the same.

On the other hand, I think you can probably learn all there is to know about the virtues of all different types of car without driving them, just by reading it on the internet, eh lads?

Gotta go now, got my Esprit outside............whhaaaaarrrrrrrrrrpppppppp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts