suggestions:

- major re-design of the website and forums
- a forum for every Chinese passenger car manufacturer
- make forums faster, now it works too slow

·
Administrator
16,995 Posts
My suggestions.

First I agree with phaeton that we need more admins and moderators and bigger engagement of current mods.
Second, somebody should urgently clean forum, merge threads and move certain threads to right subforums.
Third, more Chinese companies should get their own subforum.
Fourth, members should get the right to change the name of the thread they started as on other forums.
Fifth and most important - owners of this site could try to promote the forum in PRC to attract new members from this country. I'm suprised in how few Chinese members we have. They could provide us with latest happenings in Chinese auto-industry, interesting pictures and other infos - not just those you can find on English speaking websites.

Something has to be done ASAP if we want to save this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Hi Martin, I am taking your suggestions very very seriously as you are a very knowledgeable and old member.

1. i will start a thread asking people if they want to be moderators and will select 3 new ones
2. i and a few others like ash are deleting spam, moving forums appropriately but maybe we need to do more
3. agreed, i will create another thread asking which auto manufactureres should get their own thread
4. i will make this possible for all members (i htought members could already do this)
5. i will try to promote, but doesnt help that PRC has blocked our site in some cities.

thanbks you and u can check the thread request in general discussion!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Suggestion:

Make the "Search" function accept model numbers, and acronyms like BAW.

Comment:

It's really a pity that the PRC is blocking this site, and depriving its people of a rich source of information. So many could benefit from knowing what's going on in the world of automobiles, especially the youth. In fact a forum such as this can even be a boost to science and technology studies. Not to mention a way of enhancing the study of English.

·
Registered
264 Posts
yea i still dont understadn why PRC banned this??

·
Registered
706 Posts
If the cars are available for sale and the knowledge is out that there is a lot more activity recently with Chinese car makers building more and different models, what is there to hide? Sharing in the building knowledge is the known manner of production(with GM, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Kia, VW, etc.) and this is really not a secret, either, at least I don't think it is.

So, where's the beef?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
As a follow up to the December 8th CCF posting guidelines, I would like to suggest that all quotes of outside articles or information, be preceded by the name of the source (and date) that they come from.

It gets confusing when some folks post lengthy stories that appear to be their own.

Thank you, and I hope I am not repeating what's already been said.

·
Registered
807 Posts
dragin said:
As a follow up to the December 8th CCF posting guidelines, I would like to suggest that all quotes of outside articles or information, be preceded by the name of the source (and date) that they come from.

It gets confusing when some folks post lengthy stories that appear to be their own.

Thank you, and I hope I am not repeating what's already been said.

will do :)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks for your responses Martin and Ash, and for the follow up action.

On another subject, it seems that these days there are a number of irrelevant subjects showing up in the general discussion, new posts section.

e.g. "how to find popular sites via the internet"

I think this could be a turn off to serious visitors who might otherwise gravitate to this site.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
dragin said:
Thanks for your responses Martin and Ash, and for the follow up action.

On another subject, it seems that these days there are a number of irrelevant subjects showing up in the general discussion, new posts section.

e.g. "how to find popular sites via the internet"

I think this could be a turn off to serious visitors who might otherwise gravitate to this site.
hey dragin, whenever me or any mods see a spammy post, we delete it immediately, sometimes they slip, but we are on top of it for most part

·
Registered
706 Posts
wrxowner...this forum loads a tad slow for me, too. It's a bandwidth thing, or something similar. I just give it a moment and it loads up fine. It's usually worth the wait. This forum does touch on leading edge Chinese automotive information and has been a nice find so far.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts