China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
?? search engines, another site, etc? and what sparked your interest in chinese cars? did it begin by looking for a chery , or a junjie, or maybe a stock quote for geely?

·
Registered
450 Posts
From Darryl Batchelor's chinese cars USA mailing list, I found cheryforums.com, and from there found chinacarforums.com . I think.

dbatch appears on here from time to time as well.

Why I like Chinese cars? If you are going to buy a car and modify it, replacing half the engine, suspension, brakes etc., then it makes sense to buy one that is cheaper, even if not so hot dynamically. By the time you've been through modification of all those parts it doesn't matter so much whether it started as a chery, honda, ford etc.

Also because they are brave companies doing something that everyone said couldn't be done.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I'm a bit of a fan of those earlier Golfs/ Jettas too. It did occur to me that there could be some sort of business in supporting the global hot Golf community with china sourced OE spec parts at lower prices, as well as modified parts. Just never got round to it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You could make a KILLING selling FAW-VW Jetta King rain gutters to 4-door Jetta owners in the States. :)

VW wants $250 PER SIDE for what's left of the stock of them from a dealer, and nobody's making reproductions. :eek: (I know, before I wrecked my Jetta, I looked into getting new ones.)

·
Registered
148 Posts
bhtooefr said:
Google and I go back EIGHT years.

I heard about it back when Google itself was in beta!

i honestly liked webcrawler 10 years ago, then 7 years ago i started using google

·
Registered
450 Posts
bhtooefr said:
You could make a KILLING selling FAW-VW Jetta King rain gutters to 4-door Jetta owners in the States. :)

VW wants $250 PER SIDE for what's left of the stock of them from a dealer, and nobody's making reproductions. :eek: (I know, before I wrecked my Jetta, I looked into getting new ones.)
How many golf/ jettas still on the road in OZ/ Eu / USA? Easy sources of data anyone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
someone mentions this forum in a Chinese car forum named XCAR, then I find this forum. I have to say I am so supprised that many people here in this forum outside of China r interested in Chinese made cars and would like to own one of them, moreover I am so proud of the progress which r made by Chinese auto makers and Chinese autoindustry. some of ur comments of Chinese made cars here r translated into Chinese and paste in Chinese car forum. Hopefully, this will help the car makers and users in China and oversers.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Welcome downham :)

I'm glad were all contributing to China's rise in the Auto Industry :)
Its market with many opportunities in the future for China to expand

fightingtorque not many Mk2 Golf's were imported as VW didn't sell very well in late 1980s to early 1990s.

My guess would be under 700 Golf GTI Mk2s were sold here and 6 Mk2 jettas which were privately imported.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts