China Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious...how much is the fuel in China? Also is there the price gap between different provinces?

And I heard from TV that kia had a difficulty with the low quailty fuel in china at the begining. If it's true, do people have a trouble with the imported 2nd cars?

·
Registered
325 Posts
superidler said:
Just curious...how much is the fuel in China? Also is there the price gap between different provinces?

And I heard from TV that kia had a difficulty with the low quailty fuel in china at the begining. If it's true, do people have a trouble with the imported 2nd cars?
I paid (I think) 4.79rmb per liter today. (less than 50 cents ?)

I filled the car up for just over 200rmb. ($24?)

My car has no problems with either no 93, or 97 oil. Although, I dont understand the difference between the different kind of gasolines that are on offer here - they have #90 (cheap) #93 and #97. I always go with 93 because the dealer said dont use anything less.

The garages also offer LPG and diesel.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*************************************** said:
I paid (I think) 4.79rmb per liter today. (less than 50 cents ?)

I filled the car up for just over 200rmb. ($24?)

My car has no problems with either no 93, or 97 oil. Although, I dont understand the difference between the different kind of gasolines that are on offer here - they have #90 (cheap) #93 and #97. I always go with 93 because the dealer said dont use anything less.

The garages also offer LPG and diesel.
less than 50 cents per liter...wow it's cheaper than I thought...
Is E10 also available in China?
thx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Petrol is subsidized and price regulated in China.

The quality of the diesel is not to European or Japanese standards and many non-farm vehicles can not use it. This is not just a little not up to standards, but in many places it is kill the engine within a few minutes sort of sub-standard. To change would mean increasing the cost which is not possible since so many farmers use diesel exclusively.

There is more likelihood of creating a new class of diesel for non-farm vehicles and charging a higher price for it, or better regulating the refining plants to increase quality, though govt would have to subsidize the sale in farming areas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If there is E10, I do not know either. But as a trend, Brazil is on the top regarding alternatine fuels as it offers for more than 30 years the alcohol made from sugar cane as alternative to petrol. Nowadays Brazilian fleet is running 60% with engine with FLEX Technology. That means, the engine has only one calibration (epron) that can run with gasoline E22% (contains 22% of alcohol in the gasoline composition), or alcohol E100 (contains 100% of alcohol), or a mix of both. Note: in Brazil there is no pure gasoline (E0) as in all the rest of Latina America Countries.
However the technology FLEX already covers vehicles running with all kinds of available fuels. Fiat has the TetraFLEX, gasoline E0, gasoline E22, alcohol E100, and CNG/gas.
Curiously, China went to Brazil and bought 50% of the biggest alcohol refinery, and for what purpose ? Of course, land and labor is not the problem in China to grow farms and farms of sugar cane. Now having the alcohol technology, soon China will also offer FLEX engines as alternative to the expensive petrol.
Just some thoughts !!!
Take care you all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts