China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
China and Korea have had centuries of cordial relations and cooperation. Their cultural heritages are intertwined. Koreans are one of China's treasured minority peoples. There are some 55 in all.
Despite some neighborly squabbles between them, this pretty Chinese girl in a traditional Korean hanbok gown, reflects a prevailing affection the two countries have for each other.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Not surprised CCT to hear about the large Korean population in your current home province of Shandong, as it's just a short ferry ride across the Yellow Sea from the Korean peninsula. Up there on the north coast of Shandong province, Korean automotive companies like Daewoo were active building engines since back in the 90's. I think SGM Dongyue has since taken over those facilities.
The citizenship issue is an interesting one. I am afraid I know little about it except that Koreans further north, in the Korean autonomous region, have full citizenship.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Huanghai CUV (Qisheng)

Korea is a close neighbor, just across the border from Dandong. And so maybe Shuguang is building these under Hyundai/Kia license. Other Chinese manufacturers have obtained licenses to build foreign models and I don't think that Shuguang (Huanghai) is a company that would just shamelessly copy the Korean design.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Huanghai CUV (Qisheng)

I don't think this is the CUV model Martin. But it does look like all new metal for Shuguang's Pickup King. I guess this replaces the old Plutus pickup with the Chevy style front end.
Thanks for the great photos.

erik (laofan) said:
I am sorry to say, Dragin, but it is shamelessly copied from KIA. As the Aurora is a Ssanyong copy....
Hi Laofan:
Thanks for that confirmation of Shuguang's disregard for IPR. As for the Aurora I had thought that it was a Fudi-based body that Shuguang had done some creative window and tailgate treatment to. In any case I guess those old crusty bodies are history now.
From the looks of it Beijing 2010 seems to be starting a new era of styling in China.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts