China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
20,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy Tric Motors is another USA company transforming Chinese cars into low-speed electric vehicles.

We got a tip recently about Hy Tric Motors, a company based in Ventura, California that offers electric vehicles and electric retro fit kits. The company seems to focus mostly on low-speed electric vehicles, but the Hy Tric Electro Cycle seen above (UPDATE: actually the XR3, see update after the jump) has a top speed of 125 mph It costs $23,999, but there are virtually no other details available. In fact, the entire website is not set up to provide a whole lot of information about the cars. We can see pictures of the 2009 AFS Hy Tric 4 Seater (the green vehicle in the gallery below) that starts at $10,900 and the 2009 AFS Hy Tric EVCapus, a work truck for $13,900, but not much more about them.

The only car that Hy Tric offers any real details on is the 2009 AFS Hy Tric Electro XRb-series, an EV that costs $9,999 and can go 60-90 miles on a full charge of its lead acid batteries (eight 12V/120AH packs). A 4 kW motor offers a top speed of 37 mph (can be limited to 25 mph to fall into the NEV category). Hy Tric also offers a series of conversion kits ranging from $2,500 (48 volt kit) to $5,000 (144 volts) to add onto your own vehicle.
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/0...ers-new-electric-cars-and-some-weve-seen-bef/

Company's homepage:
http://www.hytricmotors.com/index.html

· Administrator
20,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The green car is indeed Hafei Lobo (before refreshment) and van is made by Dongfeng. Smart look-a-like is also somehow familiar to me. Red one is mystery to me. The model shown on publicity photo even carries Chinese plates. It seems Hy Tric won't even try to hide the origin of its cars.

· Registered
1,278 Posts
By the Hytric Motors site I also see they are offering what looks like a electric conversion of the Zotye 2008.
These Smart lookalikes are becoming a dime a dozen in China and so it's hard to identify the maker.
Don't the Dongfeng Yu'an minivans and pickups have a two piece grille, ala BMW, rather than a one piece? There are so many makers of these Suzuki knock offs that I can't keep track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.