China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hybrids are doing great

I bought a Toyota Prius in Feb. 2005, and I love the car. I had to wait for months to get my prius, because of the demand. The Honda cars are doing so so because they are focused on performance instead of efficiency (for example, the Accord Hybrid is more than 200 HP, and has a big V6 engine, that is less fuel efficient than the 4 cylinder, 135 HP non-hybrid version). Some companies are making Hybrid SUVs, which just seems stupid to me (Ford, Mecury, Toyota, all have Hybrid SUVs that I know of).

But by in large, Hybrids are doing great. I was excited to read this article, I will buy the first Geely Hybrid the day it becomes availabe.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
fsu23phd said:
I bought a Toyota Prius in Feb. 2005, and I love the car. I had to wait for months to get my prius, because of the demand. The Honda cars are doing so so because they are focused on performance instead of efficiency (for example, the Accord Hybrid is more than 200 HP, and has a big V6 engine, that is less fuel efficient than the 4 cylinder, 135 HP non-hybrid version). Some companies are making Hybrid SUVs, which just seems stupid to me (Ford, Mecury, Toyota, all have Hybrid SUVs that I know of).

But by in large, Hybrids are doing great. I was excited to read this article, I will buy the first Geely Hybrid the day it becomes availabe.
welcome to chinacarforums fsu23phd

·
Registered
507 Posts
If the Chinese car makers can do Hybrids right, at the right price, it would be the best way to get into established car markets such as the US.

Imagine a Prius / Civic Hybrid competitor for well under 20K?! It would sell like hotcakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts