China Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably the nicest dealership I've ever visited! It was overwhelmingly 'British' The whole place is decked out in dark brown wooden furniture, the cars are wooden plinths (actually, they only had one V6 show model in, but they're getting more soon)

Had a sit in demo model - very nice indeed. Everything inside seems pretty nice, much nicer than the BMW range, (and a fraction of the price!).

The sales guy said the Rover 25 inspired Roewe 250 should be out by the end of the year, and all of the Roewe cars use hybrid technology. Im not sure about that last statement. I should have asked to look at the engine to be sure.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I actually found the Roewe dealer by accident - I was looking for the Great Wall dealer, who seemed to have moved and not bothered updating their website. Went into Roewe and came out with a rather nice brochure.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont like saloons, usually. But the Roewe has an elegance about it.

Ill scan it eventually, but its 30 pages or so!

·
Registered
82 Posts
There's a big gap in the current SAIC reportage and that's a photo-story from an Roewe dealership. Any volunteers?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Did the dealer say when the cars will be available to drive away?

The car was launched last November, and the news is now suggesting May before customers recieve them, it will be old before its released at this rate...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bit of a farce don't you think? Allegedly Nanjing is around 2 weeks from starting sales of the MG ZT and TF. I think I'm right in saying production of both cars has started or is starting.

Roewe is looking a bit desperate already. They are trying to sell a fake British motor which they aren't even deliving to customers yet. MG on the other hand are the real deal, have a dealer network raring to go, cars starting to go down prodution lines and a global sales plan.

Hmmm are Roewe all hot air?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mgrovernut said:
Bit of a farce don't you think? Allegedly Nanjing is around 2 weeks from starting sales of the MG ZT and TF. I think I'm right in saying production of both cars has started or is starting.

Roewe is looking a bit desperate already. They are trying to sell a fake British motor which they aren't even deliving to customers yet. MG on the other hand are the real deal, have a dealer network raring to go, cars starting to go down prodution lines and a global sales plan.

Hmmm are Roewe all hot air?
On the other hand, SAIC have access to all of the tooling and technology that they have learned from the VW-SAIC JV as well as the GM-SAIC JV, they understand how to make top quality cars. They also own a controlling stake in Ssangyong which has a worldwide dealership network - Roewe cars should be up for sale in May, now they are taking deposits.

Nanjing on the other hand have a great deal of experience making Fiat Palios and other Fiats that they cant even sell, as well Iveco trucks. Sure they have MG but to the common person MG-Rover has a stigma of collapsing at least 2 or 3 times, it will be hard to get over that stigma and they surely arnt going to do it by selling 10 year old cars. They better start with R&D pretty damned quick, actually, the pair of them should but if the Roewe spyshots are true then perhaps Roewe is ahead in the R&D field?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did not know that the 25 was a definate yet..
Theres quite a few pictures out there of Roewe dealerships, i must say they look very impresive.. one of them has an early Rover (P2 or P3?) in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finding an Roewe reseller

I am looking to buy an Roewe and importing it to Europe. Can anyone giving me a hint on how to find a reseller in China?

Appreciate your help :)

Peter

·
Registered
249 Posts
Why Theory? said:
Did not know that the 25 was a definate yet..
Theres quite a few pictures out there of Roewe dealerships, i must say they look very impresive.. one of them has an early Rover (P2 or P3?) in it.
The MG ZR is close by the looks of things, not sure about the Roewe 250. I hear that the MG 7 is selling extremely well already, be interesting to compare sales figures soon....

·
Registered
469 Posts
mgrovernut said:
I hear that the MG 7 is selling extremely well already, be interesting to compare sales figures soon....
Agreed, but how soon can we sensibly do it?

The first months figures are not much use as they started the month with zero dealers and even at the end of the month very few of the bigger dealers had opened ... yet they still took nearly 4000 deposits!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts