Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Admin,
You've done a superb job with this site, however
I have a few suggestions if you don't mind that
would benefit everyone. The Banners for the site at
the top of the page are great, but It would be convenient
if they were also a link to the main forum page(www.chinacarforums.com/forum). Also, I think the joint-ventures deserve there own Sub-forums
on their partner's respective pages. I know, we already have posts about them on their partner's pages, but they're brands too, and they have their own unique offerings in China, I think they deserve a sub-forum like Maple does. This site is afterall not only about Chinese cars, but about the Chinese market also, and on top of that, many of the JV cars are made in China and are unique to China. Anyone else have ideas? Well, anyway, I just want to make this site even better, its already quite impressive. Keep up the good work :D You too Axle and all the moderators.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
4*real*Made_in_China said:
Dear Admin,
You've done a superb job with this site, however
I have a few suggestions if you don't mind that
would benefit everyone. The Banners for the site at
the top of the page are great, but It would be convenient
if they were also a link to the main forum page(www.chinacarforums.com/forum). Also, I think the joint-ventures deserve there own Sub-forums
on their partner's respective pages. I know, we already have posts about them on their partner's pages, but they're brands too, and they have their own unique offerings in China, I think they deserve a sub-forum like Maple does. This site is afterall not only about Chinese cars, but about the Chinese market also, and on top of that, many of the JV cars are made in China and are unique to China. Anyone else have ideas? Well, anyway, I just want to make this site even better, its already quite impressive. Keep up the good work :D You too Axle and all the moderators.
hi 4 real made in china, about the links directed to the forum page, they already exist on every page under the banner , if you click the button "forums" so that takes care of that question

about the JV brands having their own subforums, please make a list of some brands you want to have their own subforums and i will look into it.

Thanks

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definetly SAIC- VW, SAIC- GM(more specifically SAIC-Buick), Dongfeng Peugeot-Citroën(More Specifically Citroën), maybe FAW- Toyota, (and possibly Dongfeng- Honda and Nissan or Nanjing-Fiat).
Its probably best to stick to brands that have made specific models made just for China or brands that make cars in China with their JVs. Thx a million Admin. :D

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
4*real*Made_in_China said:
Definetly SAIC- VW, SAIC- GM(more specifically SAIC-Buick), Dongfeng Peugeot-Citroën(More Specifically Citroën), maybe FAW- Toyota, (and possibly Dongfeng- Honda and Nissan or Nanjing-Fiat).
Its probably best to stick to brands that have made specific models made just for China or brands that make cars in China with their JVs. Thx a million Admin. :D
the only problem i have with doing this since i did try this at the start...was that each of these subforums only get 1-2 posts a week and no one uses them and people get frustrated that everything is spread everywhere...
if i see many posts in those subforums, then only does it make sense..

So basically i can create them without any problem but do you think many will post in those subforums?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We should probably do a poll then. I think we could at least try for SAIC-Buick, SAIC-VW, and Dongfeng-Citroën. I think Phaeton could enlighten us on SAIC-VW and I will help Dongfeng-Citroën, and if need be, Buick too. We could at least give an intro and talk about their models, and although it might move a little slow, the news too. It shouldn't be any worse than the smaller brands that only get a few posts every two weeks or so. Anyways, its a subforum, and we could use it at least to give up-to date info to people on the brands. But like I said before, its best to do a poll or at least make a thread and ask people what they think. I hope this works out :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
I was thinking this may be a good idea too but maybe we should have a limit of how many sub-forums we have.

I agree with Admin too many sub-forums spread apart would possibly confuse users and we don't have many posters interested in them.

possible solution

example

Volkswagen Group China section posts on all Shanghai-VW and FAW-VW News

Shanghai-GM section posts on all Buick, Shanghai-GM-Wuling etc

instead of sub forums for each separate brand, a combined brand would have more posts and news.
I think this would work better ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That works for me. I think we could add Dongfeng-Peugeot/Citroën to that list, they've been in china for a while. (That way we would have two brands). When I said brand, I meant more what you said. Sorry, should have been clearer. I think that its best to stick with those three (VW China, GM-Saic, Dongfeng-PSA) because the others are smaller and would be less commented on. Correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
phaeton said:
I was thinking this may be a good idea too but maybe we should have a limit of how many sub-forums we have.

I agree with Admin too many sub-forums spread apart would possibly confuse users and we don't have many posters interested in them.

possible solution

example

Volkswagen Group China section posts on all Shanghai-VW and FAW-VW News

Shanghai-GM section posts on all Buick, Shanghai-GM-Wuling etc

instead of sub forums for each separate brand, a combined brand would have more posts and news.
I think this would work better ;)
I trust your decision, I will add these this week for a few weeks and if they arent used i will delete them

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Admin,

dittos to 4 real....'s complements.

Forgive me if I am repeating what was already said, but I would like to see the current manufacturers list broken down into the following categories:

Major Chinese domestic automakers which have no foreign partners, e.g. Chery,..

Foreign joint ventures (with Chinese partners indicated, e.g. SGM), e.g. Chang'an, Dongfeng,..

Major Chinese automaker's independent (of jv partners)
production operations, e.g. FAW, BAIC,..

Miscellaneous Chinese domestic automakers, e.g. Zotye,..

Also with regard to the "Search" function, I would like to be able to search with an acronym, abbreviation, or numeral......something which apparently can't be done currently. e.g. BYD F-8

·
Registered
459 Posts
How about adding a section dedicated to photoshopped images of chinese cars? I would be able to add a few images into that abit later if it was added to the forums. 4*real*Made_in_China is starting to use photoshop and im sure this would interest him as well.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
AXLE said:
How about adding a section dedicated to photoshopped images of chinese cars? I would be able to add a few images into that abit later if it was added to the forums. 4*real*Made_in_China is starting to use photoshop and im sure this would interest him as well.
Hey axle, long time, sure i'll make aforum this week

thnx

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well Admin couldn't you make a new forum section on the main forum page similar to what you have done for "classifieds" and "other china motor vehicles"? Simply sticking it into the "Offtopic" forum as a subsection doesn't sound like a good idea in my opinion. Also you could allow drawings and sketches in this section as well in order to broaden its appeal.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts