China Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason traffic is down to zero here is because of all these sub forums. Traffics are generated when people interact. When there are one or two readers per sub forum, there is no human interaction. thus no traffic.

Notice how my topics posted in general discussion forum were getting replies but none after they were moved to sub forums by mods; because there is no one to reply to over there.

Sub-forum is a bad idea for a small site like this. If you want to increase traffic, then throw all the Chery, Geely, Nanjing, SAIC fans, and China-bashers into one board and let them fight it out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
The reason traffic is down to zero here is because of all these sub forums. Traffics are generated when people interact. When there are one or two readers per sub forum, there is no human interaction. thus no traffic.

Notice how my topics posted in general discussion forum were getting replies but none after they were moved to sub forums by mods; because there is no one to reply to over there.

Sub-forum is a bad idea for a small site like this. If you want to increase traffic, then throw all the Chery, Geely, Nanjing, SAIC fans, and China-bashers into one board and let them fight it out.
I disagree. I think we should keep Geely, Chery, Great Wall, SAIC, FAW, and Brilliance Separate. The others should just go under an "other" forum. I do think the sub forum thing went a little too far. Instead of having 3JV threads, as much as I hate to say it, we should only have one. We should put off-topic near the top again(General), and the member's talent section too. I basically agree that we are too divided for our size, but I think something as drastic as you're suggesting will make things worse. Why do we need forums for motorcycles, buses , and trucks? This is China CAR Forums afterall. Then put the Stock&Investment and the Comments/Suggestions with the Classifieds. Technically this post should go in Comments/suggestions, but I think you're right when you say no-one will bother to look there. :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
4*real*Made_in_China said:
I disagree. I think we should keep Geely, Chery, Great Wall, SAIC, FAW, and Brilliance Separate. The others should just go under an "other" forum. I do think the sub forum thing went a little too far. Instead of having 3JV threads, as much as I hate to say it, we should only have one. We should put off-topic near the top again(General), and the member's talent section too. I basically agree that we are too divided for our size, but I think something as drastic as you're suggesting will make things worse. Why do we need forums for motorcycles, buses , and trucks? This is China CAR Forums afterall. Then put the Stock&Investment and the Comments/Suggestions with the Classifieds. Technically this post should go in Comments/suggestions, but I think you're right when you say no-one will bother to look there. :cool:
No Nanjing should have it's own forums too. Through MG and Austin it has a international fan base that is far higher than the combined fan base of all of the above! I'd forget FAW and Great Wall, no one's heard of them outside of China.

·
Registered
263 Posts
mgrovernut said:
No Nanjing should have it's own forums too. Through MG and Austin it has a international fan base that is far higher than the combined fan base of all of the above! I'd forget FAW and Great Wall, no one's heard of them outside of China.
Sorry, I forgot that one:eek: . Yeah, we could probably do without Great Wall.

·
Registered
807 Posts
one thing you must all remember is..............

that chinese cars are not even selling at high numbers at the moment, and most of the west doesnt even know what they are at the moment!!!

but in a few months/year....when everyone knows...you need a way to seperate data so it can help ppl and ppl can find it.....you have to think in the long term...

in 1 year when theres more than 25000 posts and its all in 1 folder, u wont find anything, but when its spread , ppl will be happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts