China Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Yes...I'm a newbie from the United States (New York).

Why am I here? Sooner or later (most likely later) cars made in China will be imported to the U.S.

I rode my first Chery automobile (taxi) on my trip to Jiang Men (Guangdong, China) in 2005.

I currently drive a 2000 Infiniti G20t (which is similar to the Nissan Primera sold in Europe) and the 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4x4.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nanjing should be selling MG's into the USA by 2008. They will be designed and engineered in Europe and the USA and built in Chine, the UK and possibly the USA.

The Bonus is you will get a good brand name at an affordable price, so Chinese cars are coming soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all...first it was the Japanese, then the Koreans...now Chinese made cars are heading to the United States.

It will be a tough sell due to all of the safety and quality issues that need to be address by the Chinese auto makers. If the Japanese and Koreans can do this, then hopefully China should be successful as well.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I truly love this site/forum. It allows a window on the world of car manufacture not limited to china alone. The transparent VW factory pix just blew my mind!!!

I wish i could spend more time here, but duties prevail. Welcome to the site, keep an open mind and take in the world of wonder that is freely shared by the many great (and not so, like me, lol) guys herein.

This is a side of china that we are not seeing on the nightly news here in north america and we should pay attention as they drive past us and show us how things should be done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome fellow Yank and Nissan driver! Does the G20t have the same QG18DE as my Sentra?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts