China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,

I was wondering if any one can help me out with this?
For my final year Industrial design project I am hoping to design a concept for an interior of a four door sedan for the chinese market, possibly geely or chery

I am not chinese however and I do not know alot about the chinese culture, and I would like to know what the chinese market likes in their vehicle interiors, ie cultural influences, status symbols, layouts of instrument, textures, colours, styles, functions etc

Love to hear from any one with some ideas

Cheers:)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Antman, welcome.

Sounds like an interesting project...

Nowadays China has a lot of chauffer driven cars. So the foreign companies and others are stretching the sedans to make the rear seating more comfortable. People like to have the amenities in the back like armrests, tissue holders, mirrors, HVAC and other controls, etc.. They like the color red, white/silver, black, blue, and yellow/gold, but not so much brown and green, although jade is loved. Phoenix, fan, lotus, koi, and dragon symbols are popular.

I'm sure others can add to this....

How about it others.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dragin, and others

thankyou for your comments my project is underway, I am looking at a small urban vehicle that can also be a mobile business type application a small mpv type of platform, It has been very difficult to get any feedback from the market, so your words are gold to me!!!!

I really dont want to add a feature that I think is good and yet would seem distasteful in chinese culture, so any feedback is most welcome
thankyou

Anthony

ps I have attached some images of the directions that I am headed any comments at all are welcome
Thanks

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts