Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,88571.shtml

Nissan Mexicana to Introduce a New Compact Sedan
Posted : Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:34:00 GMT
Author : Nissan Mexicana
Category : PressRelease
News Alerts by Email click here )
Press Release News | Home

MEXICO CITY, April 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Nissan Mexicana announced today it will introduce a new compact sedan to the Mexican market based on the Renault Logan. The new vehicle goes on sale in Mexico this summer.

The new Nissan vehicle will be produced at the Renault of Brazil industrial complex in Curitiba. Further information about the vehicle, including its name, specifications and powertrain, will be announced later. The car will join Nissan Mexicana's compact car line-up, which includes Tsuru, Platina and Tiida sedan.

Importing the Renault-made Nissan vehicle to Mexico is another example of the possibilities and strength of the Renault Nissan Alliance in terms of vehicle development. Currently, the Renault Clio is built at the Nissan plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico.

The Logan, sold in other markets under the Dacia and Renault brands, has been successful in Eastern and Western Europe and recently was launched in India. Logan production began in 2004 in Romania by Dacia, a subsidiary of Renault. Since the car first went on sale, more than 450,000 vehicles have been sold worldwide.

The Curitiba Industrial Complex was established in 1998. It produces both Nissan and Renault branded commercial and passenger vehicles, including the Nissan Frontier pick-up truck, the Xterra sport-utility vehicle and now the Logan-based products, as well as the Renault Clio, Megane and Scenic families and the Master Van. Renault engines are also produced in the same industrial site.

Also today, Renault announced that a Logan-based product will be sold through the Renault sales channel in Brazil and Argentina.

Nissan Mexicana
So Logan's launching in Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina. Couple that with forthcoming Indian-assembled low-cost cars from Toyota and Hyundai, and Chinese auto export industry will go nowhere.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Those who can afford a real car will never ever try those cheap cars I think.they won't have any chance to sell to us but for the poor only.So let them produce those cars and see who the customers will be.
However, this low priced car invasion will help customers from some developing countries because the taxes there are much higher.(%68 in Turkey for example.A 10.000 Dollar car is sold for 17000 US dollars there.)those contries will have to decrease their taxes and in the end the folks there will feel happy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
eddie said:
Those who can afford a real car will never ever try those cheap cars I think.they won't have any chance to sell to us but for the poor only.So let them produce those cars and see who the customers will be.
However, this low priced car invasion will help customers from some developing countries because the taxes there are much higher.(%68 in Turkey for example.A 10.000 Dollar car is sold for 17000 US dollars there.)those contries will have to decrease their taxes and in the end the folks there will feel happy.
hmm, no offence. I'm just want to know your thought...:)

Based on your comment, then why would people try the chinese car? Proven technology? or Brand of chinese autos? My mean what make chinese cars different from those cars?

I'm not talking about the quaility of current chinese cars or anythings. Thus, I haven't seen any chinese cars in person. I'm talking about if the current posistion of chinese cars are really different from those cars.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Chinese cars only advantage is of course their low price , nothing else.Their brands have to wait for a decade or so till they get their acceptance among people all around the world.Dacia will produce a much lower priced Logan version(today you can buy one for 5000 Euros,whereas the new model will be about 2000 Euros.)So this will help the taxes come down I said.Because the other car producers will complain about the taxes when they can't compete with the low cost cars in price.So the customers will win I said,so or so.
a VW buyer will still buy a VW , or a Mercedes buyer a mercedes.Only those who weren't able to buy a car because of high prices will get the chance to buy one and that will be either a Chinese or a logan or such low cost cars.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think it's interesting to compare Brilliance to Roewe and MG. Both Roewe and MG are looking like they will make cars that are much better than cars like the Logan and will sell at higher prices than the Logan. Both companies ought to achieve good steady sales.

Brilliance on the other hand is making cars that are very poor on safety and price. They aim to shift 72,000 cars in 2 years. Personally I would much rather own a Logan.

So those Chinese companies which work with western or even Japanese companies like ARUP, Lotus, Prodrive, etc stand a good chance of sucess. Those that don't will take many more years to develop.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Aqui no Brasil, o que se fala, é que o preço do Logan 1.0 Flex, seria da ordem de 28 mil reais. Isso significa na pratica, a mesma faixa de preço do Fiesta Sedan, Prisma, Siena, por exemplo. Se o atrativo do carro é o preço, então ele vai começar mau por aqui. A VW já esta testando um suposto carro de baixo custo e preço, mas com 4,4 metros de comprimento. Na pratica, maior que o Logan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi there,

Dacia Logan's base price is 5400 Euro + VAT (in Romania, Europe). For this money, you buy a car with just a driver's airbag and central locking. And nothing more. I wonder where (and how) would they manufacture a car that will cost only 2000 Euro... I assume that for this price, all 4 wheels would be extra charged...:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts