China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just go and ask all the experts in the audio business and they'd tell you that IPod sucks, not very good quality, breaks down easily and guess what you can't even replace the ipod battery yourself. You see china can't even manufacture a western designed ipod well how can they make cars!!! Personally, I think all these little chinese cars would fail in the market just as ipod would eventually.

Don't buy ipod and don't buy chinese cars... they are share two things in common, made in china and bad quality!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
The ipod sucks because apple designed it that way.

Foxconn is only an assembly/production plant, they have no hand in the development of the things they produce. They'll produce whatever YOU design. If your 'western design' sucks because you want to save some $$$ on production costs, so does the end product. :nod:

Thank god there are many ASIAN brands with much better audio quality than an iPod....

So don't buy american cars and apple goods, they have 1 thing in common: "designed in USA and bad quality!!!"

·
Registered
627 Posts
I own a $400 made in China digital camera, a $1500 made in China notebook computer, a $3000 made in china LCD hdtv. They are much better quality than products made in ASEAN countries.

And Ipod sucks, I have a TCL MP3 player. better sound and lower price than Ipod.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hahahaha, funny topic :lol:

So I go to the store, pickup some other iPod like player, flip it over, dog-gone-it, it's also "Made in China", pick up another one, "Made in China"... Good luck finding an iPod replacement that's not made in China :lol:

I say you get off the computer you're using, they're all made in China these days :lol:

·
Registered
561 Posts
okkkkkk ppl, i personally own an ipod and it said designed in california and made in china on the back. i really dont think it sucks since i actually hhhaaaavvvvveeeeee one. and i never say a person who actually broke theres. plus i really enjoy the cool looks, sound quality and the scroll wheel. just because ipod is so popular dosnt mean it sucks. if it suck maby it wont be so popular, and if it breaks maby ppl wont be buying them.

·
Registered
627 Posts
gr8 said:
okkkkkk ppl, i personally own an ipod and it said designed in california and made in china on the back. i really dont think it sucks since i actually hhhaaaavvvvveeeeee one. and i never say a person who actually broke theres. plus i really enjoy the cool looks, sound quality and the scroll wheel. just because ipod is so popular dosnt mean it sucks. if it suck maby it wont be so popular, and if it breaks maby ppl wont be buying them.
What's the difference between an Ipod and a regular MP3 player? I just know Ipod costs 10 times more than the cheapest MP3.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hazik said:
What's the difference between an Ipod and a regular MP3 player? I just know Ipod costs 10 times more than the cheapest MP3.
When you compare the iPod to competitors with the same capacity, it's actually not that much more expensive, if at all. The new iPods introduced last month were actually cheaper, and companies like Creative and Microsoft were forced to reduce their prices to stay competitive. Featurewise, they're all pretty similar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ipod just like any other chinese made products are all hype and no substance. Come on, even my no name brand phone plays mp3, aac, and videos better than the chinese made ipod.

·
Registered
507 Posts
and where's your no-name brand phone made???

My black video iPod rocks. I love it. Never a problem. It does not suck and that's why it dominate like 80% of the market. Most everyone I know's got one and they all love it.

You're just sour grapes cuz your mommy won't buy you one cuz she's cheap :lol:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real_I_Hate_China said:
iPod series : A product of American engineering and Japanese/Korean parts.

Chinese only supplied labor to turn screws.
ummm dont think that the chinese are stupid. you think that the only thing the chinese learn from this is turning screws? think again, allowing them to make the ipod in china lets them learn alot more than just turning screws. just like what the chinese learned from germany when they built the magnetic train in shanghai

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<quote>Ipod is one of the best mp3 players.</quote>

Says who? ipod just like any other piece of hardware made in China totally lacks any innovation!!! Look, ipod is not the first music player or even the first hard drive based player nor is ipod the best player in the market.

Ipod simply copies the feature set from korean players like IRiver and wraps a shell around it and call it their own. It doesn't even have half the feature IRiver has, no wma playback, no FM radio, no expandable storage, no swappable battery, locks to apple's itune store, bad audio fidelity. Basically it sucks bad!

Again, just like any other chinese product, it is a copy and not even a decent one at that!

Besides, now a days everyone carries a cellphone and why is there a need for a separate piece of hardware just to play back music?

Comparing ipod with my phone, my phone does everything ipod does and plus a ton more. The phone has 2 gb of music and it can expand further just simply by swapping in a new sd card. Plus, it has GPS, WIFI, camera, and I can watch any of my dish's 400+ channel on the go, on my phone with silky smooth frame rate and very good quality. What can ipod do again? just place back mp3 and choppy poor quality videos?

Come on, people, wake up!!! This is 2006 not 1996! Don't be herded like group of sheep by Apple's marketing hype or China's grand fasade.

Don't believe me? Just wait till later this year or early next year when Apple releases 'IPHONE' (ipod with phone functionality) and ships it from their chinese slave labor factory and call it innovation!!! What a ripoff! Apple should've been brought to the court for patent infringement since we could't bring China to court!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, so you're saying Apple is a Chinese company? Cause you connect "lack of innovation" with being Chinese, and since Apple designed the iPod, the Apple must be Chinese right? Otherwise I think you're just bagging yourself (I'm assuming you're American, otherwise you're bagging the Americans).

BTW which phone has 2gb of built in memory (Implied by your own words "Can be expanded further", with GPS, WiFi, 3G (The only real way you can watch TV, Wifi streaming from home not counted) and takes SD cards as expansion? None!

Sad sad little boy, don't you have any friends?

·
Registered
450 Posts
my phone can play mp3, so why do i have an ipod as well?

for one thing, i got the ipod at a time when phones weren't mp3 players. in fact the first ipod i saw was in about 2002, phones didn't do half the stuff they do now back then.

the other - my phone doesn't have a radio off mode so can't use it as an mp3 player on the the aeroplane.

ipod sells well because it is a cool looking product and nice to use. this fuel asdx... doesn't think that counts for anything - doesn't understand that there is more to a good product than just the features or technical content.

·
Registered
561 Posts
asdfzxcv said:
<quote>Ipod is one of the best mp3 players.</quote>

Says who? ipod just like any other piece of hardware made in China totally lacks any innovation!!! Look, ipod is not the first music player or even the first hard drive based player nor is ipod the best player in the market.
ok since you think everything made in china is junk, why dont you stop buying stuff made in china. ill like to see you survive for 6 month without buying or using products made in china.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I_Hate_This_Loser_Above said:
BTW which phone has 2gb of built in memory (Implied by your own words "Can be expanded further", with GPS, WiFi, 3G (The only real way you can watch TV, Wifi streaming from home not counted) and takes SD cards as expansion? None!
None? Get you head out of ur butt kiddo!

I have got a SP5M (it came out more than one year ago) that's got 2gb of storage and I can add as many of those 2 gb mini sds as I need. It's got built-in WiFi so I can have unlimited wireless broadband anywhere in my city (yes, you read that correctly, free city wide wifi access). And I've got unlimited data plan if I roam outside of my city. And I just used tom tom on my phone (via bluetooth) for my travel today. It's gives me turn by turn voice direction and I frequently use it to find the closest ATM for my bank when I am on the road. Honestly, I couldn't really live without my phone's GPS app.

Besides GPS, the other two feature I couldn't really live without are phone bluetooth car sync and streaming my dish channels when I am away from home. Its really cool to get into my car and my phone play list automatically play through my car stereo and it mutes itself when I am on the phone. And during the world cup days I was always on my phone watching those games live on my phone with great clarity!!!

The other time when my phone really draws people's attentions' when I am on an airplane, I'd pull out the wireless keyboard thing that projects virtual keys on the food tray in front of me and with excel on my phone!

What if you say 2gb of storage is not enough how about the Samsung’s i310. It's got 8gb on board. Also check out gigabyte gSmart i128 as its got built-in pal/ntsc receiver. Come on, where have you been the last 10 years?

I am living the single device future in the present. While you can either wait for your cheap IPHONE made in china to come out next year or get something much better today! Fxxk IPOD!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
asdfzxcv said:
What if you say 2gb of storage is not enough how about the Samsung’s i310. It's got 8gb on board.
Still not enough. Your phone may do all of those things well enough for you, but unless your phone has audio adjustment features and wide format support in a 60+ gig package I'll stick with a dedicated music player. You can whine all you want; no phone out there is good enough for some people.

And since I already disproved your claim that the battery isn't replaceable: if the iPod's sound quality is so bad, why do so many people at forums like head-fi and hydrogen audio have them? Why does it seem to do so well in RMAA tests?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts