China Car Forums banner

Is there a Chinese Company which produces SUPERSPORT Motorbikes like YAMAHA, Kawasaki

17K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  scubb 
#1 ·
Is there any Chinese Company which produces real SUPERSPORT Motorbikes like YAMAHA, Kawasaki, Honda ??

Thank you.
:)

#6 ·
Unfortunately, Chinese makers are not even close yet. Jialing has just launched a sports bike with 650cc engine, but all the main parts, including the engine itself are imported. All the other "race bikes" churning out from various Chongqing factories, are an abhorant samples of poor craftsmanship in 200cc, low tech engines.

Forget about superbikes from China any time in the foreseeable future. China is making true headway with scooters though.

#8 ·
People are demanding over 250cc! Small bikes don't last long as everything is advancing. It's better to make a bike with a larger motor to ensure it's popularity.

Motorcycles don't have the problem of safety like cars. If the chinese make cheap motorcycles that look good and perform well, they can get into the market.

COPY DUCATI, YAMAHA, SUZUKI, HONDA, KAWASAKI, etc.

#10 ·
:( I'm sorry but I believe the answer would be "no"....this is the bike I'm waiting for them to come out with....something with at least 100 hp at the rear wheel and a full lean forward design...........

#11 ·
Re: Is there a Chinese Company which produces SUPERSPORT Motorbikes like YAMAHA, Kawasaki

Shawoom said:
Jialing has just launched a sports bike with 650cc engine, but all the main parts, including the engine itself are imported.
Are you sure? I have been inside the Chinese factory which was manufacturing the cylinder liners for this engine, so I think the engine is domestically made. May have imported engine management etc.

The factory making the liners by the way is part of a group of JV companies which make liners, rings, valve seats and guides etc for, amongst others, Toyota, Honda, VW, Cummins etc. so I'm not talking about rubbish parts.

I'm sure the finished product is probably not all there yet, but they'll get there...............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.