China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I could find on the internet are positive remarks and praises. Toyota claimed hybrid is the future but lately a Chief Engineer admits that hybrid is a temporary technology until cleaner engines arrive.

I am sure someone out there knows better than I do.

By the way, oil has dipped below US$60. Strange...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hudson said:
The next big step may be fuel cells, which require electric running gear. The electric motor experience gained from producing gas-electric hybrids will help improve the first mass-market generation of fuel cell vehicles...when they arrive.
I suppose the biggest legacy from Toyota's hybrid research would be the advancement of electric motors and batteries technology which could be applied onto fuel cells - which I believe IS the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
BringIt said:
I'm certain fuel cell will be PART of the solution for the future, not the only solution.

I see the future filled with an assortment of fuels. Synthetic oil, gas, bio-diesel, ethanol, etc. etc. with vehicles capable of using several of the fuels. That's where we're headed.
I agree with this. Oil will die a slow death (I hope so) and replaced by an assortment or a hybrid of energy sources in the form of fuel cell, biomass fuel, electric power, wind power, solar power, hydro power, etc... A combination of everything (hybrid). I guess there won't be anymore a state of duopoly energy source (gasoline/diesel) for vehicles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts