China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like previous year I had taken some photos in the regions Umbria and Tuscany during my vacation of special and unkwown cars. We'd been for 1,5 week in Umbria and after that we spend another 1,5 week in Tuscany. I had spotted also quite a lot Chinese cars (8 in total): 5 times the Great Wall Hover, 2 times the Dongfeng Yu'an Star Pick-up (Guzzon) and 1 time a Gonow pick-up truck (with a Toyota Prado front).

Fiat 500 Giardinetta Spello, Umbria

·
Registered
938 Posts
nice photos, I had plenty of those cars from the photo, still at home I have fiat panda 92 year 750 fire, then before couple of years ago we have alfa 33 and fiat regata, of course now we have a hover and dfm mini truck :D :thumb:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ martin_krpan & micodelija: thanks for the compliments!

I've never been in Croatia or Slovenia, but my parents spent their summer holiday in Novigrad in Croatia (former Yugoslavia of course) 30 years ago (...). We may will go on holiday to Croatia/Slovenia next year.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi Daewoo-Chevrolet,
Great photos as usual.......thank you and hope you enjoyed that vacation.
The photo of the Daewoo pickup is a gem. I didn't know they exported such an unusual model, or was it a conversion?
Those minicars look like they have seen some hard-driven miles over the years. They'd fit right in with our "cash for clunkers" program in the U.S..:)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Daewoo-FSO Pick-up is actually a FSO Pick-up with Daewoo-logos. FSO (Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych) was a Polish automobile manufacturer which built Fiat vehicles under license. In 1978 FSO presented its first own vehicle, the FSO Polonez which was based on the FSO 1300/1500, which was in fact the Fiat 125, but sold under its own brand (FSO) after the license agreement ended. In 1994 FSO was sold to Daewoo, which renamed the company to Daewoo-FSO. (Source: Wikipedia)
The Daewoo-FSO Pick-up is actually a pick-up version of the old Polonez. FSO was reasonably succesful in the Netherlands: in the period 1983-1997 FSO sold 4.148 vehicles with its record in 1988, when 1.087 cars were sold (In comparison: Lada sold in the same year 7.198 cars here and Zastava 79). In the Netherlands the Polonez was renamed in 1988 to Prima and in 1996 to Caro. The saloon version was also introduced in 1996 and was called Celina.
FSO currently builds the Chevrolet Aveo, especially for the East European markets.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.