China Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
17,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JAC IV concept will make a debut at Beijing.

It was designed in JAC’s Italian design studio and is set to be a two seater city car for the next generation of drivers that don’t require 5 seats and a large trunk. The JAC IV is actually a small displacement engine with a hybrid power train attached, making it the ultimate little city run around for those in the big smoke.

link:
http://auto.sina.com.cn/car/2010-04-12/2126588549.shtml

·
Registered
706 Posts
The side view of the back looks very much like the Pininfarina-Bollore Bluecar I used to post on here. Because Pininfarina is an Italian design studio, I suppose.

It gets me ta wonderin' what's going on with the Pininfarina-Bollore all-electric car project, the Bluecar. It's still in the works.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Is this an HEV or a PHEV? The front bumper insert would hint that it's a PHEV.
In any case it is a very attractive, original looking design.
All the SmartFortwo, and its imitators, will be blown away by this one.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
daewoo-chevrolet said:
Another Vision IV Concept?
DC despite the strong resemblance, I don't see the radical sculpting of the side panels that the two door has. And its front roof line is unique. I wonder what they will call it.
In any case I think most will agree that JAC has come up with two really good looking concepts.
SmartForTwo's promoter Roger Penske, wouldn't have to struggle to gather attention toward these two models.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rally Red Lancer GTS said:
It's a little bit longer than the Pininfarina-Bollore BlueCar. The BlueCar is also 4-doors but it's shorter than this car.
Here is the first generation of the Bolloré Bluecar, with a french design:

bollore-bluecar001.jpg

And here is the second generation, the production version which was designed by Pininfarina:

bollore001.jpg

It shall be available at the end of this year.

I guess the concept from JAC is much smaller than both. Thanks to an italian designer, it's really good looking. It's a smart move from chinese manufacturers to outsource design as long as their designers are still learning.

I don't understand why it's an hybrid. Such a small car, it should be all electric.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The first images are simply renderings, nothing more. Quite why JAC decided to release these unrelated images is anyones guess. The actual VisionIV is the white one in the photographs.

The car is an electric vehicle 'really' as it only uses its small engine to recharge the batteries and extend its range. I believe they call it a Series-Hybrid Electric Vehicle (S-HEV) due to its powertrain configuration.

If it were entirely electric its usability would be compromised a little, the engine simply gives the user a safety net and increased flexibility.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts