China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Admin, suggestion:
To make a subforum of Jiangling (including Landwind), of the Chang´an forum.
The reason is that Chang´an is developing very quickly a lot of new models, of which some shall be made in Chongqing by the Chang´an motherfactory (like the CV6), and others by Landwind in Nanchang (like the CV7 and CV 9). These factories will be more and more connected.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
consolidation

These two companies do seem to be drawing closer to a merger now that Chang'an has a stake in Jiangling's Landwind. If I'm correct Chang'an has used Jiangling engines for some time now. But what effect will Ford's 30% stake in Jiangling have on the Chang'an-Jiangling tie-up? The other companies in this web that could be affected by a merger are Getrag (transmissions), Suzuki, Itochu and Isuzu.

Of course Ford is already committed to its tie-up with Chang'an and although it has had second thoughts about its own decision to locate so far inland as Chongqing, I think that the move will pay off in the long term. The development of China's interior is inevitable, and Ford will likely reap the benefits when it happens.

The new joint venture factory further east in Nanjing will also help Ford play catch up.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
erik (laofan) said:
Hello Admin, suggestion:
To make a subforum of Jiangling (including Landwind), of the Chang´an forum.
The reason is that Chang´an is developing very quickly a lot of new models, of which some shall be made in Chongqing by the Chang´an motherfactory (like the CV6), and others by Landwind in Nanchang (like the CV7 and CV 9). These factories will be more and more connected.
Sure i'll make a subforum for JIANGLING (LANDWIND) today.

Thanks for the suggestion

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I had many subforums at one point, but i eliminated most of them since no one was posting in them.

Hopefully there are lots of Landwind and Jiangling post'ers out there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.