China Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
17,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From China car Times.

14 August 2009
Jiangling have a new car and truck up their sleeves, and it has been spotted out testing.

Jiangling is based in Nanchang city, and is famed for its Landwind brand that failed in Europe, but is possibly on the verge of a comeback with the Landwind X8. The above SUV and Truck are based off a new platform which was designed by Chang’an and Jiangling joint venture.

The SUV/Truck combo has been codenamed the N350 project, and will continue with Jiangling’s tradition of using diesel engines, of which will be the Ford Duratorq series of engines. The N350 is set to use the Puma range of the Duratorq engines, these are currently at 2.0l, 2.2l and 2.4l diesel engines. These engines were used in Ford Transit vans and MPV’s that Jiangling produced in partnership with Ford. According to sources, the rights and technology to the Ford Duratorq engines have been sold onto Jiangling for use with their own vehicles, but Jiangling will have to provide Ford with a fee of $93USD for every Ford powered Duratorq N350 vehicle sold.

The N350 is expected to be put into production at the end of the year, and will probably launch in early 2010 according to sources.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: JiangLing N350 pick up and SUV

JMC is an interesting manufacturer. I like them a lot, and I like landwind, even though Im aware there vehicles are russian roulette.

In Bolivia Cochabamba, We have a Kia dealership on the nice side of town that stocks a very surprising line up of Kia, Dongfeng, JAC Wanfa, and JMC (No Landwind though :( ). Very much I would like to testdrive one of these and I probably will just purchase one, knowing how cheap China cars are.

·
Registered
523 Posts

The pickup looks way to mcuh like a Hilux, even in camoflage. Still, all will be revealed when they launch it.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Somehow the D pillars look too short, making the roofline appear sagging at the rear.

·
Registered
706 Posts

I think they were trying to avoid the "huge" C pillar SUV phenomenon. I have read where some people don't like the overly-large C-pillars on the new 2011 Kia Sportage. This N350 SUV came out pretty good overall IMO.

2011 Kia Sportage

·
Administrator
17,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jiangling Motors Co., Ltd. (JMC) rolled out on 18 October its first high-end SUV, Yusheng, serving as a strategic model for the Chinese automaker to tap into the passenger vehicle market, auto.qq.com reported Wednesday.

Well positioned for urban driving with a high-performance diesel engine that JMC borrowed from its U.S. partner Ford, the Yusheng SUV will certainly stir fierce competition among the domestically-made SUVs.

The mid-sized SUV, codenamed "JX4D24", is equipped with Ford's 2.4L JX4D24 diesel engine, which delivers maximum power of 90kW and peak torque of 290Nm and has obtained Bosch's second generation high-pressure common rail (TDCI) systems.

The Yusheng SUV measures (LxWxH) 4740mm x 1894mm x 1862mm, has a wheelbase of 2750mm and is expected to be sold between 100,000 -150,000 yuan ($14,700-$22,000), according to sources.

Designed by the Turin-based TESCO T.S., one of Italy's top automotive production design companies, with assistance of famous designers in Japan's SIVAX and ARRK, Jiangling Yusheng, also China's first high-end SUV, should make a successful foray into the growing SUV market, currently dominated by the Japanese and Korean SUVs.

sources:
http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china-new...l-101020.shtml
http://photo.auto.sina.com.cn/tupian/865

1 - 20 of 67 Posts