China Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have trolled various Chinese Auto websites and haven't found:
1. Are these companies looking for people in the US.
2. Where could you send your resume for consideration, names, websites, etc?

I am not interested in blindly sending my resume to their main office hoping it will get in the right hands. As an experienced automotive engineer I feel there may be some career opportunties with a Chinese auto manufacturer.

·
Registered
772 Posts
There is no R&D activities in the US, you must move to China. The only Asian ones that are hiring in the US are Toyota and Hyundai, and they are for full-size pickup truck enginnering mostly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really hate it when I get poser answers like I just got from I hate china. Your answer indicates that you have no idea about what you are talking about. If I had wanted a scratch you butt opinion I would have asked for it.

Toyota just introduced a FS PU in San Antonio, I don't think they are doing much R&D.

Check msn.com, in the automotive business section (they won't let me post the link.

Move to China...yea right. THE CHINESE ARE ALREADY HERE.
Now...Tell me something I don't know.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Deke I see you haven't gotten much response to your inquiry yet. But hang in there as the jobs will come.
Don't mind RIHC, he's not a bad guy, and knowledgeable I must admit. Yeah, there's still hope for him despite his poor choice of names.

Why his long drawn out spats make it onto "General (Automotive)Discussion" instead of "Off Topic", I do not know.

But he's right about one thing he said to you, and that is that eventually, you will probably have to come to China.

I would suggest that you go to a show. The Shanghai one is over, but there's one coming up in Changchun. Another in Changsha will be smaller.

And here's a couple of companies you may want to contact:
Shuguang Automotive of Dandong, China and Troy, Michigan - an auto and components maker.
Wanxiang Group of Xiaoshan, Zhejiang Province, China and Wood Dale, Illinois - an auto parts maker

I'm afraid it'll take awhile before Chinese Automakers set up serious shop in the U.S..

·
Registered
196 Posts
Personally I am a professional Graphic Designer with a degree from a California State University and I am interested in company identities, concept design, car design, photoshop work, copy/text (typography), brochures, car badge or logo design, etc.

I am interested to know if it is possible to connect with a Chinese car company. Unfortunately I don't speak Chinese.

I'm sure that a company would recognize the need for someone who understands the American market, speaks fluent English, and is enthusiastic and positive about Chinese cars.

·
Registered
146 Posts
dragin said:
Deke I see you haven't gotten much response to your inquiry yet. But hang in there as the jobs will come.
Don't mind RIHC, he's not a bad guy, and knowledgeable I must admit. Yeah, there's still hope for him despite his poor choice of names.

Why his long drawn out spats make it onto "General (Automotive)Discussion" instead of "Off Topic", I do not know.

But he's right about one thing he said to you, and that is that eventually, you will probably have to come to China.

I would suggest that you go to a show. The Shanghai one is over, but there's one coming up in Changchun. Another in Changsha will be smaller.

And here's a couple of companies you may want to contact:
Shuguang Automotive of Dandong, China and Troy, Michigan - an auto and components maker.
Wanxiang Group of Xiaoshan, Zhejiang Province, China and Wood Dale, Illinois - an auto parts maker

I'm afraid it'll take awhile before Chinese Automakers set up serious shop in the U.S..

You know Draign, I could be wrong but I think it might also be a good idea to refer him to the smaller SUV manufacturers like Fuqi, Jincheng, Tianma, even the most infamouse and overhyped JI'AO. They are more like sweatshops, granted, but maybe they could use someone like him.

Look at JAC: they are turning into the next Proton. Yema is making estate wagons, Zotye is churning out fake italian cars, and even North Korea is behind some cars. With a good guy, a smaller suv joint like, say, Fuqi could become another player.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts