China Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Japanese call it カーコラ (kakora), which can be translated as car collage. Basically take an existing car and make a non-existent version of it. For example a Nissan Altima Wagon, a Hongqi roadster or a six door Trabant limousine.

As I never found any Hino kakora model I decided to make some. Hino started making automobiles during the 1950's under Renault license. Later in 1961 Hino launched its first own model, the Hino Contessa 900, with Renault mechanics and Giovanni Michellotti design.

New models were later launched until Toyota took over Hino Motors and stopped its car making. Today Hino is one of the biggest truck manufacturers in the world making Toyota group's heavy duty trucks.

Karora No.1 and 2-In 1966 Hino replaced its old Contessa 900 sedan launched in 1961 by a new a rear engined sedan and for the first time a fastback. It should compete with contemporary cars such as the Datsun Sunny or the Toyota Corolla. The new Hino Contessa 900 sedan and fastback were made by shortening Contessa 1300's sedan wheelbase, using the old 900cc engine. Produced until 1973.

Behold the cars I'm talking about. Sorry for the images full of imperfections. No photoshop used.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Photograph

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Kakora No.3-To compete with the large japanese luxury cars of the 1960's used by administrators primarly (Toyota Century or Nissan President for example) Hino released in 1969 its Hino Contessa 3000, a V8 rear engined car with back suicide doors. Never sold in big numbers and deleted from line up six years later after less than 1000 units made.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guess I had some troublçe in posting all the images.
And now pics from the Hino Contessa 3000.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Tire Hood

Vehicle Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today's kakora car: the 1964 Prince Gloria 6 Coupe, released just in time to Tokyo 64 Olympics.

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hmm around 1967 we started making the Bulgarrenault.We too had licence from renault ,but later it was givven to the dacia.

-we also made the legendary Renault Alpine-speed over 200 km/h -1967.

As honda said-from bikes to F1 engines and cart-s we were the same ...but backwords ;(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts