China Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking at the possibility of setting up a business in China producing a low volume replica / kit car. I am trying to find out what tests the car will need to go through and whther China has a kit car industry at all. In the UK we have the SVA test that kit cars go through,is there anything similar in China? Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hi supanovakit:
A few years ago the outfit below, WTA, did try to establish a tie-up with Zongshen Tongbao Auto of Wuhu, Anhui Province, to put together some thing like a kit car. But nothing ever came of it. There are so many car makers in China that it would probably be very hard to get off the ground.
Anyway you may want to contact them to see what their experience was in China.

WORLD TRANSPORT AUTHORITY, INC (aka WORLD STAR AUTO UTILITY, INC. OF CHINA
8402 North Magnolia Ave.
Santee, Ca. 92071
tel 619- 258- 2858
fax 619-258-2857
Investor Relations 619-387-8888. (WSA's parent was NASDAQ listed)

Lyle Wardrop: president
John Woolley:- chief technical officer,
Tom Bowers, CEO
Doug Norman - founder

·
Registered
7 Posts
what are the import regulations regarding kit cars going into china? is there a difference if i lived on the mainland and wished to import one for personal use or if i were from another country and wished to export one to china for sale? would having the car preassembled in another country before export/import to china affect this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I looked a few times to import a kit replica car from China, but so far i havent found nothing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts