China Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

Excuse me for the few posts , here's a fast look at the new chinese offerings in the Middle East and specfically : Egypt .

Chery/Speranza
A1 and A2 ( Chery A1 and QQ6 )

Since announced early this year , none of the cars are on sale yet , announced prices range from $7000 > $7500 ( Which would become some of the cheapest car avaialble ) .

One Chery QQ6 was spotted arround cairo .. apparently going on tests and stuff , both cars wont be manufactured at the moment , they will be imported from Chery of China , if the sales are high , they will go into the assembly lines to follow the A5/A6 ( Oriental Son ) .

Brilliance
Zhongua ( Galena 2.0 in Egypt )

Altho the crappy crash results , the very high price ( $26.315 )
the Galena is really selling VERY VERY well now , apparently because its the only car in this price range that has its dimensions and engine .

Since Egypt forces a WHOOPING 150% Customs/Taxes on Imported cars that has an engine bigger than a 1.6L ( To protect local assembly plants from imports which is plain stupid if you ask me )

The Galena with its aging engine is being assembeled in Egypt , thus reducing the 150% to just %30 )

at that price th Galena is going against a whole lot of SMALLER cars like the ( Honda Civic / Toyota Corolla / Octavia / Jetta )

the only same sized competitor is propablly the localy assembeled Hyundai Sonata ( same price) . but for some reason u can see more Galenas than Sonatas .

----------

Brilliance Splendor 1.6L

The splendor is just a new hot product here .. launched like 2 - 3 weeks ago .. and its already a stunner ( looks wise )

people all arround the office keep asking me about it and very very much amused by it looks , lets hope there's more to its looks because once again the price is TOO MUCH ( $19 ) which just sits it $2000 - $3000 less than a new 2008 Lancer / Civic .

---------
Chang He
Idea / Idea 2

I hate this plastic car , but it seems its super HEAD ROOM is making it sell well here , ( $5000 to $6500 something ) its a small family dream !!

---

SouEast
The Lioncel 2 has just been launched alongside the old Lioncel
i think both are ok , but lioncel 2 is kinda expensive. .. for nothing really more than a facelift / rearlift .

not seen on the streets yet ...

---

GWM
Hover 2 sales are small thanks to the price .. but U can spot one or two here or ther e.
-------------------------------------

BYD
The F3-R launched here and its doing very well , inspite looking exactly the same as a daewoo lacetti ( Chevorlet OPTRA Sport in Egypt ) .
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Will update with pics as soon as possible .

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for the updates :) Btw. what is Brilliance Splendor ?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

This is the splendor :D

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
sorting the many names

Hi Raul and Cryptonx:

Here are some of the names given to the two currently produced Brilliance Zhonghua sedans.

Corrections and additions are welcome.

Zunchi, M1, BS6, Europa, Grandeur, 尊驰 Honored Steed

Junjie, M2, BS4, Splendor, 骏捷 Triumphant Horse

Nice clear photos Cryptonx...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dragin said:
Corrections and additions are welcome.

Zunchi, M1, BS6, Europa, Grandeur, 尊驰 Honored Steed

QUOTE]

Hey Dragin Thanks

The Zunchi / BS6 is also called " Brilliance Galena " here .

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ah, so many names to remember ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts