1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
561 Posts
looks pretty original, pretty good for the second passenger car. only if the rear bumper could be 2-3 inch lower, and little more curves around the doors and windows. then that would be perfect.

·
Registered
561 Posts
hey ppl we should try to spot the differences not the similarities, just like what chevy lovers do with the chevy hhr and chrysler pt cruiser.

·
Registered
297 Posts
this lifan hatchback will do good especially if lifan starts its marketing in south america like initially planned, i think it will do well in brazil

·
Registered
832 Posts
Raul said:
This is how Lifan's new hatchback might look like.
Information is in Chinese. I don't know what it says :(
I like it its very original in styling:thumb:

hazik said:
does that car come with the tritec engine?
Yeah I think it does.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found two new photos of Lifan's new 520 hatchback. Notice how the rear looks different now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
erik (laofan) said:
Hi Raul , the Lifan hatchback picture was shown at the Lifan website about a year ago. On the internet there are circulating aklready some photos of prototypes, like this one.
Greetings!

i would definately get this since im a fan of the mazda 3

·
Administrator
16,808 Posts
Lifan hatchback 520i to hit market in December.

Lifan hatchback model 520, codenamed Lifan 520i will make a official debut in Chinese market next month and the automaker’s another B class car will go on sales in February next year, Chinese media reported.

The Lifan 520i models come in two versions: one is based a 1.3 L engine and the other is based on a 1.6 L engine.

Currently Lifan 520 model based on 1.6 Liter engine is priced at 77,800 yuan – 86,900 yuan ($10,500-$11,700) while another Lifan 520 model based on 1.3 Liter engine is priced at 50,000 yuan – 60,000 yuan. Lifan 520i models are expected to be a little cheap than the Lifan 520 models, as hatchbacks are usually cheaper than a sedan of the similiar size.

Lifan entered China’s sedan market in 2005 by launching an A class model. During the past two years, Lifan has not been as successful as other local brand automakers, like Chery, Geely and BYD. However, the company is becoming more interested in overseas expansions.

The company plans to launch 8 models, including a mini-car model, an A class model, a B class, a C class model, a MPV, a SUV and a crossover model.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The article that Martin has quoted here says that Lifan introduced an "A" segment model in 2005. Does anyone have any idea what model they are talking about?
The 520, also introduced in 2005, is a B segment model. I thought it was Lifan's first passenger "sedan".

·
Administrator
16,808 Posts
More information about Lifan 520 hatchback. It seems car will be named Lifan i520.

Lifan are slowly building up their range of motors. The Lifan i520 is basically a hatchback version of the Lifan 520 that is selling well in foreign markets but seldom seen in China, although we have no reason why as its a well packed car at a well packed price.

Lifan grew big through their manufacturing of motorbikes, and spread like wildfire throughout China and South East Asia, owing to their Japanese like quality control and excellent supply chain has let them practically control the motorbike market in various countries, the question is, can they pull it off with their automobile line? Perhaps.

The Lifan i520 will start at 40,000rmb and rise to 80,000rmb. Under the hood is a self researched motor, which is unusual for Chinese manufacturers who mostly lack the skills to make their own engines but use off the shelf models from Mitsubishi. Motors for the i520 will range from a 1.3, and a 1.6l model.

·
Administrator
16,808 Posts
English car magazine Auto Express already drove Lifan 520i. Here are there impressions:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/217782/lifan_520i.html

There's no doubt that China is serious about developing its car industry. Despite the shocking performance of the Brilliance BS6 in crash tests, and controversy over some of the country’s copycat designs, manufacturers are determined to steal sales abroad.

The latest offering is the first four-wheeler from motorcycle maker Lifan. Called the 520i, it aims to deliver family hatch space at a supermini price.

Behind the modern-looking wraparound headlamps and bold chrome grille lurks the chassis of a Citroen ZX – a car that dates back to 1991! As a result, the model has an old-fashioned stance with a narrow track, low waist- line and small wheels. Bosses say the structure has been strengthened to improve accident performance, while driver and passenger airbags are fitted.

The cabin is totally reworked and nothing is carried over from the ZX. But despite the fresh new look, it is full of hard shiny plastic and poorly screwed together. There is a decent amount of space though, with easily enough room for five adults.

The most up-to-date feature is the 115bhp 1.6-litre engine. Taken from the last-generation MINI, the smooth-revving unit provides the Lifan with punchy performance. But the sporty sounding engine is at odds with the soft and supple ride. Add in the over-light steering and it is clear the 520i is more at home cruising the motorway than blasting down back roads.

But the trump card is the five-year, 60,000-mile warranty, which combines with the £8,500 price to make the car a bit of a bargain. If safety is up to scratch, the 520i could be a surprise hit with families on a tight budget.

·
Administrator
16,808 Posts
Re: Lifan i520 hatchback

Hatchback Lifan520i to go on sale at 49, 680-78,880 yuan

Shanghai, April 30, 2008 - Though it debuted at the 2006 Beijing auto show, the first hatchback Lifan520i by Lifan Auto was finally announced to be put into the market at 2008 Beijing auto show.

With the 1.3L emission and 1.6L emission, this model is available on market with 11 versions for choice according to different configurations. The Lifan520i will go on sale throughout the Lifan Auto dealerships nationwide, priced between 49,680 yuan ($7,097) and 78880 yuan.

As the first hatchback by Lifan Auto, Lifan520i was developed on the basis of the previous notchback platform and also inherited the high price-performance ratio quality of the Lifan520 sedan. Lifan520i measures 330mm shorter than the Lifan520 sedan. However, the 1,700mm width and 2540mm wheelbase of Lifan520i are predominant features in the models of the same class. Its 500L trunk capacity also satisfies consumer's demand for hatchback practicability.

In addition to the imported Tritec1.6L and self-developed 1.3L engine for choice, Lifan Auto also equips 520i with the the own-brand 1.6L Lifan520i engine which can generate 85kw/6000rpm, 65kw/6000rpm and 78kw/6000rpm. Lifan520i has been granted the approval of China's state environmental protection administration and met Europ IV emission standard.
source: Gasgoo.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Lifan i520 hatchback

I differ on the stance that Lifan i520 is safe. The ones export to Nigeria are far from been safe. There are numerous complaints on the cooling system, the interiors such as the door handle that comes off easily. The most serious issue of lifan safety case is going on in Nigeria now is the wheel alignment and the steering rack.

A customer is in court now with one of Nigeria most fierce human activist lawyer Gani fawehimi. The customer is suing the dealer Emel motors and Lifan for selling an endangered and defective car - the customer returned the car less than 2wks after purchase complaining of bad steering rack and bad alignment - for a brand new car!

According to the aggrieved customer, the car was to be involved in a ghastly accident barely 2wks after the car was returned to him (the car was not replaced). according to the police reports, occupants of the car reportedly witness the car swerve on its own on three occasion before the tragic incident.

The most terrifying of the accident which is causing wave in the country now is that the air bags did not go off.

The Lifan engineers we heard came to Nigeria and took pictures far from the accident site and none of the occupant were interviewed nor the customer! They offer no explanation as to why the air bags did not go off.

Most of us who were on the verge of going for Chinese car did a rethink with scores of Chinese failed crash tests that littered on the Net especially You tube. one is wondering when quality will be taken serious.

i failed to upload the picture. if you want picture of the car sent me an e-mail [email protected]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts