China Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a young (and white) American who only started learning Chinese not that long ago, I had a bit of trouble translating the article into English (and I didn't translate everything literally), so please feel free to correct me. As a new member, I apparently can't post links, but the [slightly bastardized] URL of the article is below.

lifan.com/gb//corpnews_list.asp?docid=9694&parentid=358

Lifan 620 Reaches Production
04 December 2007

Code Name: LF7162
Model: Lifan 620

Lifan Motors announced that it has designated their B-segment prototype LF7162 as the Lifan 620. The new model is expected to hit the market at the end of the year. Reportedly, the production line is already active, and Lifan is currently putting on the finishing touches before the car goes into mass production.

It is also reported that within a year the Lifan 620 will be available with either a 1.6L or 1.8L engine. Temporarily, however, only the 1.6L Tritec engine will be offered; Lifan will later release their self-developed 1.8L powerplant.

Presumably, the 1.8L option is the self-developed VVT-equipped engine mentioned in the following article: gasgoo.com/autobiz/4123/China-s-Lifan-launches-its-own-developed-VVT-engine.html

Does anyone have a picture of this new model? How will this differ from the 520, and in what markets will it be offered? Any other information?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Erik

Which one is the 620 ?, so many different ones in your posts

Thanks

I like the purple, but I think the grille looks like an Audi's grille. But nvm, since the Mazda Taiki grille also looks like the Audi grille anyway.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hello Mememe, these are all renderings, pictures and models of the B-type. The second photo and the two to the right are made of the model which was presented at the Chongqing Motor Show, so I suppose that is the 620 in its rather definite form. Greetings! (Yers, I also prefere the purple renderings!)

·
Registered
249 Posts
if they are trying to make the car have somewhat of a luxury rendering they need to give it bigger wheels and rims

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It is bland but no problems as long as it is their work, but I don't understand why Lifan is now crazy enough to chase a Mini cooper clone

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know what car you mean, but it doesn't look like a cooper. It's modelled after small Japanese city cars like a 2001 Daihatsu Sirion.

·
Administrator
16,808 Posts
According to China Car Times, this is how the top-of-the-range version of Lifan 620 will look like:

The soon to be launched Lifan 620 has already had a minor face change for the top of the range models.
The Lifan 620 ‘big mouth’ edition is being sold by Lifan as the most luxurious car they make, with it having a full leather interior (including steering wheel) and other extras as standard such as reversing sensors, ABS and EBD. Buyers of Lifan cars should expect excellent service with the latest 5 year, or 100,000km free servicing.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Re: Lifan 620 Announced!

Lifan must be imitating the Toyota philosophy (at least until recently) that BORING manages to sell in high volumes.

btw when will Mazda ever learn?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts