China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Vietnam Motor Corp has been involved with CKDs since the early 90s having assembled Kia and Mazda models and later BMWs and Subarus.

I think Lifan should do well in Vietnam as I'm guessing it has gained a good reputation for its low cost motorcycles there.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
jmsteiny said:
........but Lifan is doing NOTHING to make itself "stand out" amongst the competitors. I see very little advertising or promotion, and no incentive for potential buyers to go to the showroom to even LOOK at the car(s)!! Good luck Lifan - you're going to need it.
Yes, you are right JM Steiny, Lifan is not marketing itself very well these days. Its time to partner with some dynamic global presence like Subaru, who I might add has otherwise missed the boat in China. Subaru, if you are listening, being in the interior (Chongqing), on the edge of rugged territory has some real potential for your 4X4 AWD lineup.

Mtj 73, aside from the 520 sedan, I don't think it really has much to offer?
Oh yeah it maybe has a few minitrucks and vans but they're hardly noticeable.

In Vietnam however I think it can claim an advantage owing to its former presence in motorcycles. It's good reputation there will give it some brand recognition at least.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.