China Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cars in Vietnam are very expensive due to the very high taxes. You can not buy much for under 16,000 usd in Vietnam, this is just 1000usd more than a new Suzuki Wagon R.(old shape out production in Europe about 10 yrs ago) I saw a Lifan at the Autopedro show in Saigon a few months ago, I can't remember the model. Lifan may struggle in Vietnam because when it comes to cars the Vietnamese prefer to pay the extra for Japanese brand, Toyota and Honda dominate the market here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just found the brochure I picked up at the show. Your right it is the 520, it starts at 14,500 for the 1.3L and 16,500 for the 1.6L It also makes reference to the engine being a BMW design. Still not seen many on the road. The Vietnamese are very brand orientated, Lifan bikes have a reputation here for being good value but don't last as long as the Honda's. It will take time to convert the buyers in Vietnam off the Japanese brand cars and the Korean buses but it would happen after some good marketing. I good example is a scooter made by Taiwanese company SYM, nobody here knew this company 10 years ago but with some clever marketing the SYM Attila is by for the most popular scooter in the country today.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.